- Role: Independent Trustee
- Term of office: Three years
- Commitment time: Around 30 hours spread over the entire year
- Salary: Volunteer role, expenses paid
- Location: University of Bath premises
- Reporting to: The rest of the Board of Trustees
- Responsible for: The governance of The SU
- Application Deadline: 25 Nov 2019
- Interview Date: 29 Nov 2019
- Appointment by the Board: 19 Dec 2019
Summary of the role
The Board of Trustees is responsible for our overall governance, strategic direction and holding management to account for the decisions it makes. This is an influential and valuable role where you will be able to make important contributions to our current work and future direction – in particular supporting us to implement our strategy for 2020 onwards.
If you believe in the value of what we do, have the time to give to our cause, and can bring something unique to our Board, then we want to hear from you. We are looking for people who are able to provide constructive challenge, think strategically and use their own personal skills and experiences to support the Board in carrying out its role within The SU.
This is a volunteer role which will involve; participating in meetings and taking decisions in the best interests of The SU, engaging with important SU activities and events throughout the year, providing support and challenge to senior management, attending training relevant to the role of a Trustee, and developing an understanding of how The SU operates.
We are the students of the University of Bath. Through our volunteers, leaders and elected representatives, we come together to create opportunities for each other and shape the communities we are part of for the better. Find out more.
Application Form & Supporting Documents