Main purpose of post:
To assist the Operations team in the smooth running of our Summer unaccompanied children camps (8 – 15 years). Group Leaders are also expected to help in the maintenance of activity equipment and in the upkeep of activity site areas.
1. Support instructors in activity sessions including evening activities and overnight camping
2. Pastoral care of children/young people aged 8 – 15 years
3. Undertake bed duties and overnight supervision
4. Serve in the tuck shop
5. Attend morning and evening meetings
6. Assist in the preparation of the site for new groups and other events.
7. Adhere to safeguarding practices
8. Liaise with Head of Operations regarding faults with equipment
9. Ensure that any complaints are passed onto the Senior Instructor in charge of Individuals or Head of Operations
10. Ensure the completion of reports and evidence gathering of incidents where involved.
This list of tasks is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time in discussion with the post holder.
Mill on the Brue is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects staff and volunteers to share that commitment. A disclosure check will be sought in relation to the successful applicant for this post. This will be shared with Personnel and may also be shared with Directors and Head of Operations.
Application: CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits: Accommodation available