Bath City Farm - Cafe team
The café is open Tuesday to Friday and will shortly also open on Saturdays. Various contract types are available including flexible casual hours throughout the week, Saturday contracts, temporary seasonal summer contracts
These roles are a key part of our new café team particularly over the busy summer period. The role will be involved in all aspects of the smooth running of the café. This might involve providing a friendly welcome for visitors to the café, taking orders accurately through the till, clearing tables, ensuring the café is kept clean and tidy, helping in the kitchen with washing and drying up, supporting the Cook with food preparation and making hot drinks with the coffee machine (training will be provided as required).
The Farm Café
Set within the communities of Twerton and Whiteway, the building is full of natural light with outside terraced areas that look across the valley into the Georgian centre of Bath on one side. Adjacent is a children's play area. In front of the café is an edible garden providing a visual connection between farm grown produce and the dishes served in the café.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Provide a warm welcome to café visitors
• Accurately taking food and drink orders, processing these through the till, taking payments and communicating the orders clearly to the kitchen team
• Making hot drinks including espresso-based coffees using our brand-new coffee machine to a high standard
• Serving cakes, cold drinks and other items from the counter area
• Assisting with front of house service including serving food, clearing tables and answering any queries as required
• Keep a clean, hygienic, and well organised counter area. Help to ensure the café complies with Food Standard Agency requirements and our Food Hygiene rating achieves or is working towards achieving a 5-star rating.
• Provide general assistance in the kitchen to support the Cook in preparing food as required to an excellent standard.
• Washing and drying up
• Ensure all cafe opening and closedown procedures are adhered to.
• Report any health and safety issues or issues related to cafe equipment to the Café Manager so they can be dealt with promptly.
• Communicate well and work collaboratively with the cook and other café staff.