About the role: The Enchanted Garden of Light is an illuminated walk through the estate of the American Museum & Gardens. As an Event Steward, you will be responsible for ensuring a warm welcome is extended to all visitors upon arrival. You will be responsible for admissions, orientating visitors, and offering the appropriate information and resources. This role involves ticket scanning and route marshalling. Some lone working may also be required.
The role will require you to work outdoors in variable weather conditions. This is an active role that covers the entire Christmas trail on our large Estate.
• Ensure that a warm welcome is extended to all visitors, and the highest standards of visitor care are met.
• Help to orientate visitors and share information about the Christmas Light Trail as appropriate.
• Ensure visitors are informed about events and activities taking place on site.
• Ensure that visitors with access needs are offered appropriate resources.
• Scanning pre-booked tickets to facilitate admission
• Orientate visitors about vehicle parking in the correct places e.g. blue badge, coach, bicycles
• Attend the daily briefing where information about the evening will be shared by the Duty Manager.
• Respond to telephone and radio calls as required.
• Wear the uniform provided
• Undertake such other duties, consistent with the responsibilities of the post and as directed by the Duty Manager and/or Senior Management Team, as may be required from time to time
Security and Health and Safety
• In the event of an emergency, manage, with others, the emergency procedure and guide visitors to pre-determined safety points.
• Ensure that policies and procedures, including those relating to health and safety, are continually observed.
• Provide First Aid assistance (if trained) as required.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Problem-solving skills and ability to deal effectively with issues as they arise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a small team
• Positive approach and drive to improve standards of visitor care
• Commitment to equalities and diversity and an understanding of how these relate to the role
Please send a CV and covering letter, giving details of your interest in the position and outlining how you meet the person specification to: Armani.Lawlor@americanmuseum.org The deadline for applications is: 31st October 2022 Interviews will take place during early November