In lockdown 2.0 we’re able to get out and about for exercise, so let’s all make the most of it! Come rain or shine, fresh air is so important for not only our physical health but our sanity too. So, to add a bit of fun to your daily exercise, we’re going to turn it into a bit of a competition.
You can win prizes for yourself or your SU Group, just by moving your feet! Yes, it’s that simple – just go for a walk or run and rack up as much distance as you can get either as an individual or a group, and win! we're also going to do some random giveaways at different points through lockdown, so keep recording because there's a chance you'll win something even if you're not smashing out the distances!
Three lucky individuals will be in with the chance of getting some Under Armour Stash to look stylish when you’re working out. This competition is all about getting as much distance as possible until Wednesday 2 December. Interested in entering?
- Set yourself up with a free account on Strava
- Join https://www.strava.com/clubs/su-bath-individual-779609
- Select the record button – make sure you’re recording your exercise as a run, regardless of whether you’re walking
- Get out and about – strava will track your distance and produce a map (this is the proof you’ve done it!)
If you’re a part of a sports club, society or volunteering get some steps in to be in with the chance of getting £200 for your group. The average distance for your membership will be taken so smaller groups are at no disadvantage. The group committees should be setting up their own strava clubs but if you’re struggling to find this, get in touch with the committee.
- Set up a strava account
- Join the running club set up by your committee: they should be providing everyone with a link but you can also search for this on the Strava explore page
- Record your exercises as a run, regardless of whether you’re walking
- Get moving! Strava will work in the background to produce a map of your walk
This could also be the perfect opportunity to do something with your exercise buddies or to do some socially distanced activities with a mate. So put on your trainers, grab your app and get exploring Bath!
The small print
You can find the full terms and conditions over on our Strava running club but we just wanted to run you through some bits and bobs too. This is all for a bit of fun to get us out and about and keep spirits high. Please let us know if anyone’s pressuring you to walk/run further than you want because we aren’t about that. You’ll also need to be a registered student to enter. If you’re doing it as part of a group, you’ll also need to be a member of that particular group.
If you're a committee member and unsure how to set up your strava club, click here
Happy strava-ing x