8 reasons to join the Bath University Squash Club 2017/18:
- Regular Wednesday club nights with informal coaching for beginner, intermediate and advanced players
- The opportunity to order the 2017/18 Bath Uni Squash Kit
- Our notorious socials and events (bring fancy dress)
- Take part in Squash 101, a new, exciting programme from England Squash
- Access to our social round robin tournaments (think fancy dress and doubles!)
- Team training and regular external matches
- Those playing in the teams will receive English Squash and Racquet ball (ESR) membership and affiliation. This gives discounts on equipment, kit and coaching courses etc.
- Professional weekly coaching for those playing competitively in the teams
Following last years success, the 2017/18 season promises to be very competitive for the club. This season we hope to climb the rankings in university squash as well as the local AVON league we compete in.
As well as offering an exciting, energetic and thoroughly enjoyable game, the university squash club provides a thriving social scene; a great opportunity for new students to become accustomed to the city of Bath and meet fellow players.
Put simply by Forbes, it's 'The World's Healthiest Sport'
The Physical Benefits
- Great for cardiovascular endurance and weight control
- Work on your strength and power
- Improve your fitness and agility
The Social benefits
- Over a 100 members to meet, play and socialise with regular club socials to Bath’s best pubs and clubs
- Conveniently next to the students union for the post match pint
The Psychological Benefits
- Great for stress release
- Distraction from everyday work and exams
- Perhaps best of all, as an indoor sport even the great British weather can't stop you.