In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, here are the SU Sport relevant outlines, active from now until the end of the academic year. SU sport members who are not in committee, please go to this page for updates!
As Committee, we will need you to be checking your club email accounts on a daily basis, as there may be some decisions that need to be made quickly.
With the expense365 app being used more frequently at the moment, we need you to be more explicit with what you're claiming for! Lack of detail will result in rejections!
These mitigations are for the safety of our students, and their friends and families, as well as the wider community:
- It needn’t be said, but our expectations are that any students presenting symptoms, or students living with other individuals that are presenting symptoms will self-isolate along with the Public health England guidelines. Please ensure your members are aware of this.
- No large events or gatherings to be hosted by any club (no club dinners, socials). Please encourage your members to refrain from going to any social spaces, or attending any large social gatherings.
- Trips should be cancelled, as non-essential travel should be halted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support ONLY if you are the Tour/Trip lead.
- Unnecessary transport must be minimised. Please try and encourage your membership to exercise locally, away from large groups of people, in open air spaces, or at home if they are self-isolating.
- Club training sessions are now closed. The STV is operating with reduced opening times will allow student sports pass bookings, but we would recommend getting practicing social distancing. Booking and attendance is therefore at the member’s discretion. The Department of Sport has asked me to assure you that cleaning has been increased, with focuses in areas of higher contamination risk.
- The SU must save money where possible through these uncertain times. For now, we ask that no non-essential club spending goes ahead.
- Staffing conditions are likely to change to more of an online service, so please expect minimal opening times during this period. Meetings can still be had with staff, but over the phone, Teams, or other modes of communication.
Student welfare is the priority during this time:
The SU Advice & Support Centre will remain open to support, but operating remotely via email on email@example.com & can speak with you over email, video or audio call via Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Our opening hours remain as 10:00 – 16:00, Monday – Friday.
If your query is urgent please contact Student Services via firstname.lastname@example.org or +441225 383838, they provide Wellbeing, Counselling and Mental Health, Money Advice, Disability and Immigration advice and support.
Please also continue to use the Report and Support tool, which is another way of disclosing an issue you’ve experienced or witnessed and receiving support, or disclosing anonymously. Nightline will be operating their anonymous email service. Phone and messaging services have now been paused. The Samaritans service is still open, so please do contact them if you want a listening service during this time.
I’d like to send my personal thanks to you, the club committees, who will, and have already had to make tough decisions. Please know that I’m trying to get through to all of your emails and Facebook messages as soon as I can. Support is here, so if you want a sounding-board before making a call, we are here!
Wishing you all the best. Stay safe!