Want to volunteer, but unable to commit to physically volunteering on a project then virtual volunteering is for you. Give as little or as much time as your commitments allow.
Check out some of the opportunities below.
Prince's Trust are currently looking for e-mentors to support young people on our online Enterprise programme as part of our brand new digital learning platform, Prince's Trust Online. Mentors are needed to help young people explore if starting a business is right for them. Although some business knowledge is helpful, the role focuses on motivating and supporting your mentee and you will receive full training and a dedicated point of contact.
The United Nations Volunteers [UNV] programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Online volunteering allows organisations and volunteers to team up to address sustainable development challenges, anywhere in the world, from any device. Online volunteering is fast, easy and most of all effective.
Zooniverse have a wonderful, global community who help them do what they do. The main ways of volunteering with them are helping them with classifications on data, being a beta tester on projects they've yet to launch, and being a moderator for a project.
ZSL’s Instant Wild app empowers you to take part in vital conservation work, bringing you LIVE images and videos from amazing locations all around the world. By identifying the animals in each image, you are contributing to conservation and making a positive impact on the future for wildlife. Zoological Society of London (ZSL)
NCVO Guidance on microvolunteering and how to set up your own project.
Other microvolunteering projects
- SkillsForChange - skilled microvolunteering
- Crowdcrafting - research microvolunteering tasks
- fCancer - donate skills to cancer charities by the hour
- Charity Choice has come up with 10 amazing ways to help charities without leaving the comfort of your own home
- Citizen science volunteering From astronomy to zoology, wildlife surveys to exploring diaries from the First World War – if you have a passion or a curious mind there should be a project to suit you