Chew Valley Lake Trips
We regularly run trips to Chew Valley Sailing Club for anyone who wants to come and of any ability. We provide free instruction from our team of RYA qualified instructors for complete beginners through to advanced forward loopers. We always provide safety cover and always have access to a dedicated safety boat. Use our range of kit from beginner to advanced kit and borrow our brand new 5.4. mm winter wetsuits all for free!
The only costs are about £3 for a fuel contribution. Depending on demand, we either run two half-day sessions or a whole day session on Saturdays and half days on Wednesday afternoons and meet at the Lime Tree (on campus), if you live in town contact one of the committee to see who is driving and if they can give you a lift up to campus.
Remember to bring:
- Wetsuit (ESSENTIAL) – If you don't have one, we can let you borrow one of ours.
- Towel (ESSENTIAL)
- Buoyancy aid (only if you have one)
- Spare trainers that you don’t mind getting wet
- Lunch, or money to buy food from the club or Co-op on the way
- Windproof coat that you don’t mind getting wet
- Hat and Gloves for when you’re waiting outside
- Warm clothes to change into
- Shower Gel (The clubhouse has reliable hot showers)