Training for prospective candidates
All sessions will be hosted on MS Teams
Got some burning questions, or want to go through your campaign ideas? Come along to the drop-in sessions to ask any questions you have about being an officer or the campaigning process.
Friday 5 February (12:00-14:00) MS Teams
Tuesday 9 February (12:00-14:00) MS Teams
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to come to a drop in.
Book an appointment with an SU staff member of Officer
It’s sometimes useful to speak to SU staff members (the SU couldn't run without our wonderful staff!) when thinking about running to be an SU Officer. The individuals below are available to book for an appointment to discuss your new potential role - even if it is just to find out more!
- Charlie Slack - Head of Student Voice - Whatever role you are interested in, Charlie would be happy to speak with you. As head of student voice, she works closely with officers in their campaigning & lobbying work. She particularly works closely with the SU President & the Education Officer.
- Polly Hawker - Head of Activities - Polly oversees societies, volunteering groups and our sports clubs. Book an appointment with Polly if you are interested in the Activities Officer role or Sport Officer.
- Anna Boneham - Volunteering & Societies Manager - Anna works closely with societies & volunteering groups. Potential Activities Officer/Community Officer candidates would find talking to Anna particularly relevant.
- Sam Cook - Peer Support Manager - Sam leads on Peer Support, Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) and student development & training. All candidates could benefit from talking to Sam as he works closely with all student leaders.
- Amy Young - Insight & Engagement Manager - Amy is all about facts and research. As head of insight she is the master of surveys and student opinion data at The SU. She is also responsible for overseeing the SU's work on representing International & Postgraduate students. Very useful to talk to Amy for all roles.
- And of course, all our current SU Officers would be happy to talk to you about their current role.
Contact email@example.com to book an appointment with any of the above staff members & officers.
Appointments are subject to availability & we cannot guarantee meetings with all the staff you may be interested in meeting.