The Skills Training programme is driven by our fantastic student leaders.
Do you have a passion or a skill that you could share with other students?
If so, please get in touch with the Skills Training Team to discuss how we can support you to create a workshop or blog to be shared with your fellow University of Bath students. We are happy to support individual students or SU groups.
We are always open to new, exciting ideas and will work with you to turn them into skills opportunities for your peers. Workshops and blogs can focus on academic or personal development skills. Whether you already have specific activities in mind, or just an idea for a workshop, we can help to bring your vision to life.
What previous workshops have you hosted?
Previous workshops have included:
- Communication Skills for Success
- Learning Languages
- Placements: What to expect and how to prepare
- Upcycling Embroidery
Previous blogs have included:
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Exam Revision and Wellbeing
- Remote Working
Why get involved?
There are many benefits to getting involved with the Skills Training Programme. Being involved in the programme will help you to…
- Develop your confidence in facilitation and presentation.
- Develop your confidence in marketing workshops/ events.
- Work with various stakeholder in The SU to organize and host workshops/ events.
- Promote your group more widely to the student body.
What are students asking for?
Students’ feedback shows that they are interested in workshops on…
- Sign language
- Budgeting and money management
Could you offer a workshop on any of these topics or others? If so, please get in touch!
Register your interest to offer a Skills Training Workshop