Dartmouth Avenue open for booking!
Dartmouth Avenue is open for SU groups and societies to book from Monday 17th May, for access to rehearsal, meeting, sports and recreational spaces.
For Arts, activities (excluding singing) can take place with more than 6 people, so long as groups of 6 (or 2 households) remain strictly socially distanced at all times, and room capacities are not exceeded. For any activity including singing, capacity is limited to groups of 6 or 2 households.
For Sports activities can take place based on NGB guidance.
All other societies must adhere to the rule of 6 or 2 households.
Rooms available to book:
- Cue Sports room (maximum capacity 4 people)
- Combat Sports area (maximum capacity 7 people)
- Upper studio (maximum capacity 20 people) - Disabled access available – please inform the relevant team when booking
- Room 0.15 (end room of main building – maximum capacity 10 people)
- Room 0.16 (middle room in main building – maximum capacity 10 people)
Dartmouth Avenue rooms are currently only available to book between the hours of 9.00 - 5.20pm. Spaces are available for hourly bookings.
How to book
To book either the Cue Sports room or Combat Sports area, clubs must contact firstname.lastname@example.org with requested dates and times. A member of the Sports team will respond to manage requests and confirm bookings.
To book space, Arts societies must contact email@example.com with requested dates and times. A member of the Arts team will respond to manage requests and confirm bookings.
All other societies:
To book space, societies must contact firstname.lastname@example.org with requested dates and times. A member of the Societies team will respond to manage requests and confirm bookings.
- Must submit risk assessments to the relevant SU team for all activity due to take place at Dartmouth Avenue. SU risk assessments to assist in this process are attached.
- Must name one member who will attend the booking as a main contact for that booking.
- Must submit booking requests by 12pm the working day before a booking or it will not be accepted.
- On arrival go to the main entrance of Dartmouth Avenue to register group arrival with staff member Joe Dyke, giving the main contact name for the booking. Joe will give access to all areas.
- Must scan the site QR code for track and trace purposes.
- Arrive and leave promptly to ensure cleaning and ventilation between bookings.
- As far as possible all groups must bring their own equipment if required. Cleaning equipment will be available in each room for students to clean all SU equipment, tables, chairs before and after use.
Do not attend a group session at Dartmouth Avenue if you are displaying any Covid symptoms.
If any group activity exceeds the allowed amount of people in a space, that group will lose access to Dartmouth Avenue spaces.