Dartmouth Avenue is open for all students!
The SU has a hub right in the heart of Oldfield park just a short walk away from Moorland Road. Your SU, Right on your Doorstep. Dartmouth Avenue is open to all students and has many different spaces you can utilise for group work, events, study, activities or just as a place to chill. Some areas are bookable but some you can just turn up!
We have a bright vibrant lounge that any student can access with no booking required, this has table tennis tables, comfy seating, access to plug points, making it a perfect place to relax or study. We also have a dedicated study room which doesn't require booking, so pop down and take a look.
Dartmouth Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri 09:00 - 22:00
Sat - Sun 10:00 - 18:00
Summer (starting from 17th June)
Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:00
Sat - Sun CLOSED
Rooms at Dartmouth:
There are lots of different spaces, some of which are bookable and some you can just turn up. As well as the below we have some rooms which are dedicated for study space, anyone is welcome to come and use these and this does not require booking. Please remember that Dartmouth is an alcohol-free venue.
Lounge @ Dartmouth comfortable relaxing non-bookable space to study, catch up with friends, play table tennis or chill on the beanbags
Cue @ Dartmouth Home to Cue Sports we have a full-size Snooker Table and 2 Pool tables for Cue Sport Members to enjoy.
Combat @ Dartmouth Here you will find our combat sports training regularly.
Loft @ Dartmouth - A fabulous bookable open space that can be used for dance, arts, films and more!
Space 1 @ Dartmouth - A large bookable space perfect for group activities, whether that be a meeting, rehearsal, event or other activity!
Space 2 @ Dartmouth Another bookable room with plenty of open space for all sorts of activities.
How to book
Email the relevant department with requested dates and times along with the room you would like. The SU will respond to manage requests and confirm bookings.
For societies/groups/clubs to make bookings at the weekend the cut-off is Fridays by 16:00. Booking requests made after this point won’t be processed
To book the Cue or Combat you need to have a membership to the relevant sports group and email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also email the above departments to arrange a tour of the space.
- Groups must submit risk assessments to the relevant SU team for all activities due to take place at Dartmouth Avenue. SU risk assessments to assist in this process are below.
- Groups must name one member who will attend the booking as the main contact for that booking.
- Groups must submit booking requests by 12:00 the working day before a booking or it will not be accepted.
- On arrival go to the main entrance of Dartmouth Avenue to register group arrival with a staff member, giving the main contact name for the booking. you will then be given access to all areas
- Cleaning equipment will be available in each room for students to clean all SU equipment, tables, chairs before and after use.
- Dartmouth is an alcohol-free venue so please do not bring any with you or you will lose the right to book rooms.
Community organisations and charities
Local charities and organisations who are collaborating with the University on student volunteering projects can also use the spaces at Dartmouth Avenue. It could be art initiatives, gardening projects, Easter/Christmas card making sessions, or training events. All ideas are considered so do get in touch to discuss. Please note that the event, session or project will need to involve students in order to be delivered at the venue. Email email@example.com
to arrange an event.
- Cue @Dartmouth 30 people
- Combat @Dartmouth 64 People
- Lounge @ Dartmouth 83 people
- Space 1 @Dartmouth 21 People
- Space 2 @Dartmouth 20 people
What's on at Dartmouth