#HPSport – Have Power, Holistic Participation and High Performance
Sport at Bath has given me so many opportunities and had a massive impact on the person I am today – arriving as a shy fresher starting a maths degree 4 years ago, I never thought I would become Chair of a club of 350 members and Captain of the Badminton Ladies 1st Team. Now I want to give something back, and ensure YOU can benefit from the opportunities available through getting involved in sport at any level.
The #HPSport Recipe:
I believe the most important thing as an SU officer is representing YOUR views. I will always welcome your ideas, and work to make them possible. Let’s start this process now - tweet me your ideas with #HPSport, or talk to me on Parade and let’s get YOU involved in how SU Sport progresses.
HOLISTIC PARTICIPATION – SPORT FOR ALL
- I will work to have a plan in place to continue the brilliant work done by the 3:Thirty Club in providing recreational sport once the funding ends next Summer, pushing for resources for a permanent member of staff, and ensuring our recreational offer is sustainable and clearer.
- Having set up a badminton Inter Halls League this semester, I can help more clubs provide competitive recreational sport.
- I will build on the strong working relationship I have developed with the STV Facilities Sales & Development Manager, to optimise our use of existing facilities, as well as maximising our use of the funding available to utilise town space.
- What do you want from SU sport? I will work closely with the new Post Graduate Officer to answer this question and work to make it happen.
- We have amazing people pass through our sports clubs, let’s invite them to an Alumni Tournament, and answer the all-important question… Who’s better: Past or Present?!
- Our committees do fantastic work for their clubs, let’s help them remain high performing by ensuring they get the support they need, and starting the hand over process earlier, so new committees are ready to hit the ground running.
- Surridge’s service this year has been unacceptable. I will ensure we pre-order kit before summer, and work closely with clubs and Surridge to achieve better predictions of how much kit we will need.
- Ever had a last minute problem before a match? I will provide access to sport office staff earlier than 10am on a Wednesday.
- We are a successful sporting university, but let’s not be complacent - we all work better with a goal in mind. Let’s start setting stretching but achievable targets for clubs and teams, and consider how we can resource and support teams to achieve these goals.
I can guarantee that as your Sport Officer, I will commit myself fully to improving sport at the University, and working on the problems that matter most to YOU.
So for #HPSport VOTE Hannah Preece for Sport!