Living in Halls puts you right at the heart of University life. Each accommodation building has it's own student community that you will become a part of. Throughout the year there will be lots of activities and events to get involved with. You can even be a Hall Rep or Hall Captain for your building.
Join our community
Once you have been allocated a hall you will be invited to join one of our hall groups on Microsoft Teams by logging in with your @bath username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). You can use this to meet your flatmates, learn about halls activities and Freshers' Week 2020, and ask questions about your new home in halls. You'll be able to join a group from the end of August, once you have your allocation.
If you can't wait to meet other Freshers, make sure you join our official freshers' facebook page.
Get involved - join your Hall Committee
Make the most of your time in halls by joining your Hall Committee. Each committee will have 1 Hall Rep and 1-4 Hall Captains depending on how many people live there.
As a Hall Rep you will:
- Represent your hall mates on any accommodation issues.
- Attend monthly Hall Forums to take student feedback and issues to accommodation and SU staff.
- Run campaigns to improve the halls experience.
- Influence change to make life in halls the best it can be.
As a Hall Captain you will:
- Run community building events and activities
- Bring your hall mates together and have fun
- Run interhall competitions and challenge flat groups against eachother
- Build a strong community to make your time in halls the best it can be.
How do I become a Hall Rep or Hall Captain?
Hall Reps - you must stand in an election and be voted in by your neighbours. Don't worry, it's not as scary as it sounds! Just nominate yourself online, write a short manifesto to tell people about yourself and remember to ask your hall mates and flatmates to vote for you. Nominations are open from Monday 28th September - Sunday 4th October.
Hall Captains - you can apply by downloading an application form submit the written form or a short video. Applications are open from Monday 28th September - Monday 12th October. Captains will be selected based on their application so take your time and think about why you would be great in the role.