Interactive Scientific Internship
Interactive Scientific is an award-winning startup based in Bristol that changes the way we think about science. Learn more about us at https://interactivescientific.com.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm for and experience with Computer Science, Pure Sciences and Business to join our team this summer.
About the role
The role will require knowledge of chemistry/ biochemistry/ pharmaceuticals and/ or chemical physics, the ability to research quickly and effectively where there are unknowns and understanding of how the underpinning principles can be related to "real world challenges".
The project will be tailored to the successful applicant, and will involve supporting the iSci team with:
- Management of small projects
- Product design and user testing
- Basic Computational chemistry
- Science content creation
- Assisting customer facing marketing and sales activity
We will flesh out details based on your area of interest and the experience that you hope to gain as well as our specific point of development. There will be internal training provided where relevant.
This is a full-time internship (35 hours/week) for 10 weeks with a salary of £306.25 per week.
The role is based at our office in Bristol.
Start date: W/c the 24th of June 2019.
We are ideally looking for a rounded individual who can combine their scientific skills and knowledge with management, communications and strategic thinking.
We expect the Intern to want to be proactive in their own development within the team whilst furthering their skills and knowledge in scientific software, design, and human/computer interaction techniques.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Being an active part of the product development team (playing the role of the “student user”)
- Writing user journeys and user personas, based on scoping documents
- Creating and fact checking chemistry content
- Researching solutions to chemistry and physics problems
- Creating new molecular simulations
- Product development for virtual reality, mobile, web and desktop (with internal and external teams)
Marketing, sales and communications:
- Supporting the team with customer visits and presentations
- Blog writing and social media on subjects related to science, education and the science industry.
- Market research
- Customer support
- Tracking leads
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We accept applications on a rolling basis.