Application deadline: Tue 27 Apr 2021
Are you someone who has excellent communication skills and wants to go the extra mile to help shape the student experience? You could be the person we’re looking for!
The Student Living Support team are seeking students who resided in University accommodation in their first year, to join the team to help form, develop and create a sense of community for our 4000+ residents during the 2021-22 academic year.
You will be:
- Supporting the delivery of welcome events
- Running activities and social events for residents to build community
- Signposting for support on living or wellbeing issues
- Engaging with our students and feeding back to the Student Living Support team
- Spreading the word on Protecting What Matters, our Departmental sustainability and environment project
- Striving to improve student experience and develop the “more than just a room” concept – you will be a core part of our student living programme
- Carry out outreach work to communicate key messages from being a good neighbour to how to manage waste; from how to meet other students and learn about the City to how the laundrettes work
- Generating ideas for events and activities for our residents
The rate of pay for this role is £9.30 per hour; with additional holiday pay, this equates to an hourly rate of £10.42 per hour.
This is a year-round role with first duties being mid-September 2021, running through until end of April 2022. Most shifts will take place on weekday evenings and be 2-3 hours duration. Allowance will be made for assessment period in January. The busiest time will likely be the first 4-6 weeks of term. We anticipate total time worked across entire academic year will be roughly 140-150 hours. This role requires commitment, drive and enthusiasm – it will give you the chance to really develop your skills for the future.
Full training will be held in August 2021, this will be compulsory attendance. A basic level DBS check will be required for these roles.
Work will be both on and off campus. Student Living Ambassadors will be assigned to cover each of our accommodation buildings.
If this sounds like you, submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited to the role directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for attention of Matthew Waldron.