What We Do
We strive to build a second home for everyone with a connection to Latin America no matter how; be it interest in dance, heritage, music or partying this the place you want to be. With the aim to bring everyone closer to Latin America and express our vibrant nature through a variety of cultural events. Providing a close-knit community in Bath and an entertaining, memorable life outside academia through sports and other cultural or social events. Members can share interests, ideas and opinions whilst Latin Americans can experience that ‘home’ feeling that we crave being so far away from home.
Reasons to Join Us
Somos la comunidad oficial latina de la universidad. Recibimos a nativos y a gente interesada en la cultura también.
You don't have to be latino to enjoy all these different activities:
- Cultural events, where you will enjoy and learn about the Latin American culture (cooking, cocktail prep, film screenings)
- Participate in sports teams such as futsal, badminton, football etc.
- Enjoy a good night out in a variety of pres and socials (mostly, culture related events like Latin Loco).
- Surround yourself with Latin Americans and learn languages and culture from each other (Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc).
- Meet other societies with similar interests to ours (Bristol Latin American Society, Salsa Society, Edinburgh Latin American society, etc).
- Get access to several discounts and special deals at different venues (in the past: Cortado café, Zero Zero, etc)
- Support the Latin American community in a series of charity related socials and opportunities organised throughout the year.
Indulge in all of this and more, but most importantly enjoy the people and community around you in Latin American Society! Te esperamos!