Want to Make a Difference?
Then Join us at Amnesty!
What is Amnesty, we hear you ask?
Amnesty International is a human rights organisation with 2.2 million members, fighting to protect human rights worldwide as laid out in the Declaration of Human Rights.
Welcome to our Bath University Amnesty Soc! Join us to be part of our weekly meetings (be it in person or online) and help us bring more awareness to human rights issues and fight for justice both internationally and locally!
Main concerns this year
- Promote scholarships for refugees and make Bath more inclusive
- Fight against sexual harassment and build a campaign around this aim
- Support the Black Lives Matter movement
- Take action against climate change
What We Do
Discuss and learn more about human rights issues
- Hold high-impact visual demonstrations
- Letter-writing campaigns
- Petition-signing events (Write for Rights by Amnesty)
- Build campaigns promoting human rights
- Article writing and radio interviews
Film and Documentary Screenings
- Watch and discuss films adressing human rights violations & issues
- Co-host events and socials with a mix of societies
- Each year we organise a fundraising music night! (we raised £1100 for Refugee Community Kitchen and Amnesty UK in 2019)
Art sessions with the Fine Art Society
Demonstrations and Marches
Reasons to Join Us
Perfect place to meet new, like-minded people- AND make the changes you want to see!
Each week is different!
Despite of the current situation we have so much planned for this year for you to get involved in.
We're an open group with no hierarchy!
At our meetings everyone is welcome to put forward event and campaign ideas.
Not up for group talking?
Come along anyway! There will be plenty of other ways to get involved.
Come & meet us - meetings take place EVERY TUESDAY 19:30-20:30 - We will email and post on our social medias if the meeting will be in person and where OR if it will be online!
Contact us through social media or email:
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/223334797677046/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AIUKBath/