What We Do
Amnesty International is a human rights organisation with 2.2 million members, working to protect human rights worldwide as laid out in the Declaration of Human Rights. We are the Bath University Student Group and we meet weekly, here is what we do:
- Campaigning - we aim to hold high-impact visual demonstrations, letter-writing campaigns and petition-signing events on campus this year. In previous years we have campaigned for the introduction of refugee scholarships at Bath as well as supporting Amnesty campaigns such as Write for Rights.
- Film and Documentary Screenings - Last year we co-hosted a screening of 'Shadow World- Inside the Global Arms Trade' as well as having a Q&A with the maker of the film, Andrew Feinstein. We also hosted a screening of Calais: The End of the Jungle.
- Working with other societies - This year we plan to co-host events and socials with Middle Eastern Awareness society and People and Planet.
- Jamnesty - Each year we have a fundraising music night. This year 200 attended raising £1100 for Refugee Community Kitchen and Amnesty UK
- Trips to Amnesty International Student Conferences and demonstrations such as Yarls Wood in December!
Reasons to Join Us
Each week is different!
We have so much planned for this year there's always something to get involved in. See our news tab for more info on Semester One campaigns .
We're an open group with no hierarchy!
Feel free to drop us an email about what you are interested in and speak to us at meetings, we want to create an open discussion environment where we can all put forward event and campaign ideas.
Not up for group talking?
Come along anyway! There will also be film screenings held and opportunities to do more campaign admin and planning as well as learn more about issues.
2018/19 committee members are Georgie, Francisco, Dipika, Cheran and Patrick!
Come and Meet Us
Meetings take place EVERY TUESDAY :)
Start time is 18:15 & room will vary so check our weekly mail for info. If you haven't received these you'll need to buy a membership!
For further contact,
Our public facebook group link is:
Our facebook like page is:
Feel free to send us a message through either the facebook group, page or email firstname.lastname@example.org