What We Do
Cybersecurity Society is a group for students interested in exploring the various aspects of cyber security, whether you enjoy completing CTF challenges, learning about attacks, building home labs or just talking about cyber! We run socials such as cybersecurity lectures and the occasional pub trip!
This year, we will be holding CTF challenges, hosting talks from cybersecurity companies, and providing workshops, training and much more!
Cybersecurity society is a great opportunity to meet many people who are passionate about cybersecurity, and to learn more about the cyber attacks we face in this modern world.
We organise all sorts of events to suit all our members.
You will be able to take part in CTF challenges, workshops and network with cybersecurity companies.
If you have any suggestions or would like to be part of the events in any way, please feel free to get in touch via email@example.com.
Things to Look forward to
- Guest speaker talks: Attend talks by cybersecurity experts, ethical hackers, or professionals from the industry to give talks and presentations on latest trends, threats and best practices in cybersecurity.
- Capture The Flag (CTF) competitions: Take part in CTF challenges where members can practice their hacking and defensive skills.
- Workshops and training: Get hands-on experience through workshops on topics like penetration testing, digital forensics, threat analysis or secure coding, providing opportunities for members to learn new skills and explore a range of tools.
- Cybersecurity conferences: Attend cybersecurity conferences or meetups to keep up-to-date with latest industry developments, and to network with professionals.
- Red team vs blue team exercises: Take part in simulated cyber-attack scenarios where Red team tries to breach security while Blue team defends against the attacks.
- Movie nights: Attend movie screenings related to cybersecurity
Here is our Discord server to chat with our fellow Cybersecurity society members. Visit our website to keep upto date with upcoming Cybersecuirty society events!
The committee works tirelessly on your behalf to bring you cybersecurity events and talks.