Who We Are and What We Do
J-Soc is here for anyone who's interested in the Japanese culture; whether you're a Japanese, mixed-Japanese or a non-Japanese student, you will be guaranteed a very warm welcome here!
We are foremost a community that wants to meet new people, share interests and just have a good time :) If you’re interested, please come join us or email us!
Reasons to Join Us
"I love the food!" "I look up to the culture!" "I like that anime!" "I wish I could speak Japanese!" "I miss home!" "I want to be part of something!",... whatever the reason, this is the society to be part of.
We will host a variety of events so everyone can find a place they feel comfortable in; and there's no commitment at all, just show up whenever you feel like it - you will always be greeted with a nice "yokoso" (welcome)!
After a very unpredictable year, we are motivated to come back stronger than ever to share a good dose of Japanese culture with you; nomikai, karaoke socials, sushi dinners out, anime evenings, but also opportunities to conversate in Japanese with like-minded friends!
Our activities will include:
- Nomikai: The classic ande traditional drinking parties, we will try and host them once or twice a month, but there will never be any pressure to drink alcohol so everyone is welcome!
- Karaoke Social: Another classic and fun social! Oh, and lip syncing is allowed - as long as the performance remains priceless ;)
- Sushi Dinner Out: We're lucky enough to get support from local restaurants who will always keep a table for our society! Sushis come in a wide range of options, so even vegan bellies will have something to satisfy them!
- Anime Evening/ Film Night: The type of event that will surely be super successful! Join us to watch animes with like-minded people and have company to cry over that one scene with you ;)
- Japanese Conversation Sessions: This is your opportunity to make your Japanese shine! This will depend on how many of us can speak Japanese, but we will surely find a solution so we all get to practice this beautiful language!
- Seasonal Socials for Festivities: We will organize special socials for every main “festivity” (e.g. Halloween, Christmas) that will unite the British culture and the Japanese culture! These can include Japanese food workshops and movie nights, so be prepared for some fun nights!
Find Out More
Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/bathjapanesesociety/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of- Bath-Japanese-Society/341883302655100
Facebook Private Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bathjapsoc/
We will always post updates on our social media, so make sure to keep an eye on there! For those of you who don't have social media, there will also be information on the "Events" category somewhere on the left of this page :)
And if you have any question, you can also get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors and Discounts
Despite being unable to gather altogether, as members of the Japanese society you will be able to benefit from discounts of restaurants in Bath:
10% off by card, 20% off by cash - Bath Sushi: https://bathsushi.co.uk
10% off - Sugarcane Studio: https://www.sugarcanestudio.co.uk/
15% off - Robun: https://www.robun.co.uk/