Who We Are and What We Do
J-Soc is here for anyone to share their interest in Japanese culture! We consist of Japanese and non-Japanese students, gathering through events.
We are foremost a community that wants to meet new people and have a good time! If you’re interested, please come join us or email us!
Reasons to Join Us
"I love the food!" "I like that anime." "I wish I could speak Japanese." "I miss home." "I want to meet different people." "I want to be part of something." Whatever the reason, this is the society to be part of.
Whether you are Japanese or not, you are all welcome!! Be part of the family! Embrace the weeb in you!
Despite the COVID-19 restrictions, we are looking forward to welcoming you to our societies and our virtual socials. These will be opportunities to enjoy the Japanese culture and Japan’s extraordinary customs.
Our activities will include:
- Japanese Conversation Classes: this is your opportunity to make your Japanese shine. A lovely opportunity to speak Japanese amongst our members and a way to improve your spoken Japanese. Running weekly!
- Japanese Culture Social: Japanese culture has very old roots and exploring and discovering them is a tremendous journey! Every region is packed with myths and stories, hence there’s always something new to be discovered . Running fortnightly!
- Nomikai: this 2020 has demanded us so much, but we are more willing than ever to gather together… this time virtually! An all revisited version of the classical nomikai to get to know new people and have fun altogether. Running every weekend!
- Seasonal Socials for Festivities: we will organize special virtual socials for every main “festivity” (e.g. Halloween, Christmas) that will unite the British culture and the Japanese culture! These can include Japanese food workshops and movie nights.
Find Out More
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bathjapsoc/
We update information about our socials on this Facebook group!!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of- Bath-Japanese-Society/341883302655100
Society Email: email@example.com
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We should at least be able to point you to the right person for the answers ^^
Sponsors and Discounts
Despite being unable to gather altogether, as members of the Japanese society you will be able to benefit from discounts of restaurants in Bath:
10% – Bath Sushi: https://bathsushi.co.uk
10% – Secret Izakaya: http://www.batheats.co.uk/2019/10/the-secret-izakaya-japanese-supper-club.html
10% – Yen Sushi: http://yensushi.co.uk (cash only)
– Revolution: https://www.revolution-bars.co.uk