Maths with Parents works with primary schools to create a tailored package of support for the parents and children in every class. Every fortnight parents receive updates about what their child is currently learning, a short video in which kids explain how the maths is taught and fun activities to play together about this topic. Most importantly, these activities are fun. You won't find any worksheets or exam questions, just games, stories, dances, puzzles, adventures and more!
It is our belief that Maths with Parents can normalize playing fun maths games at home. Parents read with their child, so why is there no maths equivalent? Our programme is changing attitudes to maths and has the potential to reach every household in the country. With our support we are convinced that every child can enjoy and succeed in maths. Find out more at www.mathswithparents.com.
About the role
As IT Developer you will work closely with the CEO and the Programme Director to implement the online growth of Maths with Parents. As the organization grows so will the role, and there will be opportunities for leadership roles in the future.
The role is based
Initially your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the parent-facing section of the website, ensuring ease of use.
- Developing the teacher and school leaders’ sections of the website, allowing them to manage their class pages and impact dashboards.
- Implementing an ambitious CRM in the back-end of the website, to support scalable sales and marketing.
- Enhance the collection and analysis of data to inform impact measurement reports for schools.
- Liaise with designers to develop new sections of the website as appropriate.
- Liaise with our colleagues at datb to discuss implementation of the above using their system.
- Input on the proposed development plans and timelines.
Depending on the needs of the organisation, your role is likely to evolve over time.
We are open about the notion that this is no ordinary role. It requires someone who is motivated to work in a small team to develop the organization and drive it forward. It requires someone who is willing to be a doer as well as a thinker; to strategise as well as to undertake the nuts and bolts as required. You will have to be as comfortable debating the best way to display an impact report as implementing a new home page design.
The rewards of joining the organisation at this time are huge. Not only will you experience the fulfilment of enabling a small organisation to grow, but you will have a key role in deciding how the organisation grows. We are ambitious about the difference that we can make to the outcomes achieved by disadvantaged children.
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience designing and developing websites
- Desire to work innovatively, creatively and collaboratively
- A passion for making a difference
- A thinker as well as a do-er
- Understanding of MySQL
- Experience of building websites in html
- Experience working in a start-up organization
- Experience of the education sector
Salary & Contract:
£306.25 per week, for 10 weeks.
Potential of full-time employment after the initial period of 10 weeks.
We are based in Bristol, at Temple Meads train station.
Due to the nature of our work with young people, on acceptance of offer all Maths with Parents employees are subject to a DBS check in accordance with Child Protection Policies.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a detailed cover letter of why this particular role and social enterprise excites you to email@example.com. We accept applications on a rolling basis. The start date is late July 2019.