Up to two internships available within Iris Intelligence, a small technology business based in Bath. The company specialises in project and risk management software and has an additional product in the growing field of systematic innovation. The business has openings for students in business and information technology. Candidates from either field may apply as the role(s) can be flexed depending on the skill sets available.
As the candidate(s) will be working in a small business, the role(s) will be wide ranging and dynamic. Candidates requiring a set structure at the outset of the internship need not apply. Interns will be reporting directly to the CEO and / or Head of Technology depending on their skill set. The business works across industry sectors with a high profile customer base including NASA, NOAA and USGS.
Sample tasks may include:
- Testing and QA of new product features within a pre-existing enterprise application.
- Development of new product lines, either starting from baseline requirements or building upon a beta version
- Development of additional reporting features within the core software product
- Overhaul of brochure website including content creation and design enhancements
- If applicable, assistance with graphic design enhancements for the front end of the current software products
- Potential for Provision of frontline customer support
- Development of mobile application / interface for the product
As the business is small and agile with growth possibilities in several areas, candidates must be comfortable working in an environment where priorities and tasks will evolve dynamically. There is likely to be a requirement for a significant level of remote working depending on the customer and travel commitments of the management team. However, the intern will report directly to the CEO and will therefore gain exposure to a wide range of business activity. The business is open to backing new ideas and self-starters are likely to gain most from the internship.
The available role(s) are both technical and non-technical. They may be split into one of each or a blended role working across both technical / programming and business management, depending on the preferred candidate(s). Candidates should not feel they must be strong in all areas highlighted below in order to apply as the skills outlined below cover up to three positions
Core Skills - Technology:
- Wordpress administration and styling.
- Knowledge of Graphic design – Application agnostic
Additional Desirable Skills - Technology:
- Awareness of Data Visualization Techniques
- Familiarity with Visual Studio Testing tools
- Awareness of Team Foundation Server – especially from a testing perspective.
- Bootstrap or another Responsive Framework.
- Knowledge of HTML5 canvas
- Mobile / iOS development experience
Desired Skills – Business Management:
- Strong written English
- Strong Analytical Capability
- Knowledge of Data Analysis and Visualisation Techniques
- Basic Understanding of Project Risk Management Methodologies
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. We accept applications on a rolling basis.