****Internal applicants only: Undergraduate students in the Faculty of Engineering & Design****
Based remotely and on campus (most activities can be carried out remotely)
Would you like to share your own experiences of life at the University of Bath and help prospective students make an informed choice?
As part of our recruitment activity, the Marketing & Web team are looking for current Engineering & Design undergraduate students to act as Student Ambassadors to prospective students and offer holders who are considering coming to study at Bath. We would like you to communicate with these students and share your own experiences of life at the University of Bath and to help them make their decision.
This role will provide you with a great opportunity to enhance your writing, design and social media skills to support the Faculty of Engineering & Design (E&D) Marketing and Web team.
Ideally, we are looking to hire students from the following disciplines:
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering x 1
- Architecture x 2
- Chemical Engineering x 1
- Civil Engineering x 2
- Mechanical Engineering x 2
Key skills needed:
- Strong writing skills
- Confident communicator
- Active listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Time management
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Virtual events - Involvement in Q&A sessions in webinars / live chat with prospective students
- Record and send short, personalised video messages via the Bonjoro app
- Ask a student email campaign - Responding to emails from offer holders with queries about life as an student at Bath. There will be a dedicated email set up for these queries and no personal emails addresses will be used
- Create social media content, short videos, to be used on our social media channels
- Blog posts
- Short videos: for example, a day in a life of a student
- Instagram takeovers: post videos / pictures of a day in a life of a student
*** Please note: The role is quite flexible as we email you with any work opportunities available. You can then accept / decline pending on your availability. You are however required to take part in the ask a student email campaign ***
Official job title: Casual Student Ambassador (CW2)
Application deadline: 31 December 2020
Interview Dates: Mid-January 2021 (exact dates TBC)
Pay: £9.00 - Casual Student Ambassador (CW2)
Weekly hours: Average of 0 – 5 hours per week (pending on work available)
Peak times of workload:
- Approximate period (exact dates to be confirmed): Feb - July 2021
- Each Ambassador to commit at least one full working day during the above periods
- Internal applicants only: undergraduate students in the Faculty of Engineering & Design
- Based remotely and on campus (most activities can be carried out remotely)
How to apply
To apply please complete the following:
1. Compose a blog post (max 350 words) based on your experience so far of being a Bath student. Rather than trying to write a broad post, you should aim to focus on one particular aspect of your experience at Bath so far. You can support your post with additional media (photos, videos, weblinks) as you see fit.
2. Film a 1-minute vlog providing some background to you as a student - who you are, why you chose to study at Bath, what you are studying, and anything else you think is important.
3. Write a short (max 300 words) supporting statement on why you are interested in and a good candidate for the role
Please send your completed blog post in a Word document, and video post as an email attachment, along with a short (max 300 words) supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of ‘Application for FED UG Student Ambassador role’. The deadline for applying is 31 January 2021. If you have any questions about the role or applying you can contact email@example.com.