Would you like to share your own experiences of life at the University of Bath and help prospective students make an informed choice?
As part of our recruitment activity, the Marketing & Web team is looking for current Engineering & Design Postgraduate Taught students to act as MSc Student Ambassadors to prospective students and offer holders who are considering coming to study at Bath. We would like you to communicate with these students and share your own experiences of life at the University of Bath and to help them make their decision.
This role will provide you with a great opportunity to enhance your writing, design and social media skills to support the Faculty of Engineering & Design (E&D) Marketing and Web team.
Ideally, we are looking to hire 1 representative per MSc course from the following courses:
- MSc Modern Building Design
- MSc Civil Eng: Innovative Structural Materials
- MSc Robotics & Autonomous Systems
- MSc Engineering Business Management
- MSc Conservation of Historic Buildings
- MSc Mechatronics
Key skills needed:
- Strong writing skills
- Confident communicator
- Active listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Time management
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Unibuddy on an ongoing basis (Feb – July 2021) to answer questions from prospective students via a chat window
- Virtual events - Involvement in Social Media Q&A sessions / live chat or webinars with prospective students
- Record and send short, personalised video messages via the Bonjoro app
- Ask a student email campaign (via Unibuddy or email) - Responding to emails/chat requests from offer holders with queries about life as an MSc student at Bath. There will be a dedicated email set up for these queries and no personal emails addresses will be used. The campaign will run from April to July 2021.
- Blog posts
- Short video: For example, a day in a life of a PGT student
- Instagram takeover: Post videos / pictures of a day in a life of MSc student
*** Please note: The role is quite flexible as we email you with any work opportunities available. You can then accept / decline pending on your availability. You are however required to take part in the ask a student email / Unibuddy campaign ***
Official job title: Casual Student Ambassador (CW2)
Application deadline: 28 February 2021
Interview Dates: Mid-March 2021 (exact dates TBC)
Pay: £9.00 - Casual Student Ambassador (CW2) (plus holiday pay)
Weekly hours: Average of 0 – 5 hours per week (pending on work available)
Peak times of workload:
- Approximate period (exact dates to be confirmed): Mar - July 2021
- Each Ambassador to commit at least one full working day during the above periods
- Internal applicants only: MSc students in the Faculty of Engineering & Design
- Based remotely & on campus (most activities can be carried out remotely)
How to apply
To apply please complete the following:
1. Compose a blog post (max 350 words) based on your experience so far of being a Bath student. Rather than trying to write a broad post, you should aim to focus on one particular aspect of your experience at Bath so far. You can support your post with additional media (photos, videos, weblinks) as you see fit.
2. Film a 1-minute vlog providing some background to you as a student - who you are, why you chose to study at Bath, what you are studying, and anything else you think is important.
3. Write a short (max 300 words) supporting statement on why you are interested in and a good candidate for the role
Please send your completed blog post in a Word document, and video post as an email attachment, along with a short (max 300 words) supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of ‘Application for FED MSc Student Ambassador role’. The deadline for applying is 28 February 2021. If you have any questions about the role or applying you can contact email@example.com.