The Inclusivity Award is awarded by the Students’ Union to student groups who have shown a commitment to ensuring all students, no matter their background, are welcomed and able to join in their activities.
The University of Bath Sanda Kickboxing Club has proudly achieved the Inclusivity Award in 2017 and 2018, and we will be working hard to ensure this success continues into 2022.
If you think there is anything that we could be doing better as a club to remove barriers and improve inclusivity at training, socials and events please let our Welfare and Inclusivity Officer know.
Welfare and Inclusivity Officer Emily Bennett - firstname.lastname@example.org
Reducing Financial Barriers to Participation
In 2022/23 the SU are running an alumni funded scheme to support students during the cost-of-living crisis. This scheme is designed to cover costs of extra-curricular activities as part of an SU club or society. All students are welcome to apply, and if successful, the money can be used towards costs of grading, competitions, gloves, sparring kit etc.
The more information can be found at: https://www.thesubath.com/funding/
The application form is available at:
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com.
OPEN UNTIL 2nd June 2023.
The University of Bath Sanda Kickboxing Club is always working hard to improve involvement for all students in the club’s activities. Below are some of our current initiatives:
- Womens Sessions : Every week the Women’s Captain runs a Womens’ session, which is open to everyone who identifies as female. Other sessions are open to all members.
- Non-drinking socials : Whilst all socials have a non-alcoholic participation option, the club hosts several non-drinking socials including: ice-skating, a Christmas meal, post grading meals and UFC watch parties.
- NUKES : We recently saw the launch of a new competition organised by the University of Bath Sanda Kickboxing Club in the STV. This event was FREE to all members and had an emphasis on introducing beginners to competitive sparring in a relaxed environment.
- This Girl Can Session : As part of the national This Girl Can and Bath SU campaigns, the club put on a free session for all female students to attend, to give them a taste of kickboxing.
- Glossary of Terms : If you are unsure about some of the words used to describe techniques or the general jargon from sessions you can look these up on the FAQ's page.
- Postgraduate Taster Session : In Freshers’ Week we provided a postgraduate-only taster session in order to help to continue to diversify our range of members.
- Subsidising Leeds : Annually the club participates in the University Kickboxing Championships in Leeds.Costs are always subsidised to provide affordable accommodation and transport.
- Buddy System : Designed to help you find a partner to go to sessions with, as well as meeting new people. This scheme is run in Fresher's and Refresher's week, and is open to all abilities regardless of how long you've been with the club! To sign up, fill out a quick form here: https://forms.gle/cUKgoMvB3NMbw4QG8