What We Do
KnitSoc is a society of craft enthusiasts, including knitters, crocheters, cross stitchers and more!
We meet weekly so members can work on their projects, learn new skills and meet like-minded people in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Bring along your current project to work on or come along to chat or get some help.
No experience is required. At the start of each semester, we'll help you learn how to knit, crochet or cross-stitch, guiding you into the world of wool! In our beginner classes we sell cheap kits with everything you need to start your craft of choice. Already a crafting pro? No problem! We also run more advanced workshops and provide friendly support for any knots you may find yourself in.
Plus it's not just knitting! Our members enjoy all forms of craft and there's usually someone willing to help you out with whatever craft you want to try.
So whatever your skill level, come along and give it a try!
We meet on Thursdays from 17:15 to 19:05 in CB 3.6
Reasons to Join Us
- Learn new skills: If there's something you've always wanted to make there's usually somebody who knows how!
- Free starter kit: New members get a free starter kit consisting of knitting needles, yarn and a bag to keep your knitting together.
- Discount card to Wool: KnitSoc members can get 15% discount at Wool, Old Orchard Street. Just ask a member of committee for your discount card.
- Access to loads of resources:
We run a needle library where you can borrow all sorts of needles for your own projects, saving you money. If there's a size you need and we don't have it, we'll buy it for you and add it to our stock.
- Really cheap tuition! Did you know knitting classes in Bath outside of the society can cost £45 for just three hours? Luckily you can learn everything from us and it's all free once you join!
- Friendly atmosphere. Meet like minded people for a good chat in a comfy enviroment.
- Get cheap crafting bits and bobs. We keep stock a range of items from stuffing to toy eyes, keyrings to earring clasps so you can buy things you need really cheaply direct from us.
Come and Meet Us
We have meetings every week so you can drop in whenever you can make it. Meeting times are:
Thursdays from 5.15 – 7pm in CB 4.8.
Bring along your own knitting and have a chat with fellow members. Or if you are new pick up a starter kit from us at these sessions.
If you are interested but don't want to join yet you are welcome to attend any one session for free. Don't worry if this is your first time, we're a friendly society, and the meet ups aims to get complete beginners knitting or crocheting.