We wanted to congratulate our finalists graduating over the next week and provide an update on the Marking Boycott.
We want to congratulate all of our students graduating over the next week, we hope you have the best time with friends and family and enjoy the ceremony. We know many of you that you will be attending a ceremony without having your final result due to the Marking and Assessment Boycott and this therefore will be a difficult time for you. Here are some suggestions for who to talk to about the implications and your options going forward.
- For independent advice on how to appeal a final result or make a complaint, please contact the SU Advice Team in confidence at email@example.com
- For advice on how the measures will affect your particular situation, please speak to your Director of Studies.
- To speak to someone if you are feeling anxious or concerned, the Be Well – Talk Now service is available 24 hours a day by phone or online chat.
Here are some specific questions and answers that may help you.
- What does it mean for my degree classification or supplementary assessment if I have an interim mark? Please ask your Director of Studies or Personal Tutor, they are the experts for understanding an explaining the implications of individual marks in the context of individual academic records.
- When will I receive my final mark? This is another question for the Director of Study or Personal Tutors. However, as the boycott is part of national strike action, your Director of Study or Personal Tutor may not have the answer.
- Can I appeal my interim mark? No, academic appeals can only be submitted against final marks and must be based on specific criteria (check Step 2 of the SU Advice guide to academic appeals). The SU Advice Team will be able to offer 1:1 guidance on appealing final results whenever these are received.
- Can I make a complaint about my experience? The best people to help with independent, confidential complaints are the SU Advice Team. If you email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, an Advisor will get back to you in 1-2 working days with advice about specific to your situation.
- Where can I give feedback? If you have any feedback on how you are feeling about the Marking Boycott, please complete our short form. Feedback Form. Please note, we may reach out to you individually for clarification on the feedback you have provided but we will not be responding to each submission individually.
We hope this helps answer any questions you may have, and wish you all the best for your next steps.