It’s the news we’ve all been waiting for, The Plug will be opening for indoor service in the evenings on Monday 17 May! We’re so delighted with the news that we’re allowed to open; we could hug someone – cautiously of course.
All joking aside, this is some of the best news that we could have received as an SU and we’re so excited to be able to open our doors for indoor service again and welcome you all back. And, we’re coming back with the weekly events you’ve come to know and love.
For our freshers, this is the time for you to get to know the bar ready for (hopefully) business-as-usual next year. We’re lucky that a lot of our events can still go ahead socially distanced so we’re so excited to show you what a real night in The SU looks like. For the rest of us oldies, this is the chance to reminisce about the good times, back in the days where we could spend every Friday bringing in the weekend with a double pint.
This means that starting from Monday 17 May until Friday 25 June, the Plug will be open Monday – Friday for the following events:
- Monday – Monday Night Fever – Start your week right with our incredible G&T menu with selected gins on 2-4-1.
- Tuesday – The Plug Quiz – AND IT’S NOT VIRTUAL! Bath’s famous Plug Quiz returns. £1 entry and a chance to win some incredible goodies
- Wednesday – Games Night – Sadly we still can’t open for Score however keep the competitive spirit alive at Games Night
- Thursday – Mixology – Shake up your Thursday with 2-4-1 on all cocktails
- Fridays – Weekend Warm-Up – (16:00 – 20:00) It needs no introduction. The most popular night of the week is BACK!
If you’re after a drink or a Starbucks in the daytime, or a cheeky VK Sunrise we’ll still be offering our usual takeaway service from 12:00 – 17:00 every Monday – Friday. Then, at 18:00 we’ll be reopening ready to party all evening until 23:00.
As you may have seen, the bar being closed has had a significant impact on The SU’s financial situation and opening the bar is a chance for us to reclaim some of the lost income. Please remember that The SU and our bar is a not-for-profit, meaning all the money you spend goes directly back into the student experience.
We can’t wait to welcome you all back, and thanks so much for sticking with us throughout this year.
View our website for more details!