What is the purpose of Sikh Society?
The Sikh Society is, and always will be, open to anyone and everyone regardless of race, gender and background. We have large and ambitious goals at Sikh Society, which can be categorised into two main subgoals:
Our priority is to develop more Humanitarian Aid events in Bath in a desire to selflessly serve society (a process known as Sewa, a tenet of Sikhism) and make our surroundings a better place for everyone in the present, and for generations to come. We are here to spread the message of Love, to mitigate poverty in whichever way we can, and to encourage society to become a better place.
Developing Sikh Culture
The Sikhs in Bath are scattered and are almost unaware of each others' existence; it is our goal to unite us together, for it is only in numbers when we are strong. To achieve this, we have outlined the following subgoals:
- Building a Sewadar (selfless volunteering) community in Bath by working with UK charities.
- Uniting Sikh Soc with existing faith societies in Bath.
- Uniting Sikh socities across universities in the UK and building a uniform interface through which we can communicate.
- Spreading Sikh culture and uniting Sikhs across Bath.
- Consistently serving fun and informative events for Sikh Soc members.
- Creating a comfortable and attractive environment for current and future Sikh students at the university.
- Building a Gurdwara (a temple for Sikhs) in Bath.