SU Sport: CoronaVirus (last updated 24/07)
As things gradually start to improve, NGBs are starting to look at their phased returns. As we find out more info from these NGBs and also from the facility providers we use we will start to work with club committees to look at what will be possible as we get closer to the new term.
We anticipate a blended option for most sports. Including a virtual offer to create your sporting communities that you can play a part in and when the situation allows training and games. With the vast array of sports we have here at Bath we are aware sports will move at different paces and therefore not all offers will be at the same points.
More information will be published in due course about how 2020-21 sport will look and how you can get involved.
SU Sport: Coronavirus (updated 23/03)
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and Public Health England guidance, SU Sport are severely reducing all SU Sport activity effective immediately, until the end of the academic year, unless updated.
We understand that sport is a huge part of many of your lives, and encourage you to be active during this time, but in a responsible way, that minimises the spread of the virus, and is informed by local and national guidance.
Our main recommendations are that students follow the guidelines on social distancing. Those that would like to exercise, please do so locally, avoid large groups, crowded settings, and do not travel unnecessarily. Where possible, exercise alone/in small groups and in open-air settings.
We encourage you to join the Corona Community on Facebook, where we will provide new pieces of information, and some fun activities to lighten the mood wherever you are!!
What does this mean for:
- BathActive- All Bath Active sessions are cancelled. We will endeavour to provide online materials to keep you active wherever you are during these times!
- BUCS- The BUCS statement on COVID-19 states that no BUCS fixtures will be going ahead until April 1st at the earliest. Many of the BUCS tournaments have been cancelled. The above link contains the information on the events that have been cancelled/postponed. We are working with your clubs to look at refunds.
- Non-BUCS competitive/friendly fixtures- Clubs have been told to cancel all of these fixtures.
- Blues Awards- Unfortunately, we have had to cancel the Blues Awards. Thank you to all those that applied for this years awards, the number of nominations was high with great applications to support them. The University Blues Committee met before the outbreak and have already discussed and agreed on the winners for this year. Information will be sent to all nominees to confirm if they have been successful or not, and we will be recognising these successes virtually in due course. Winners will also still recieve certificates and where relevant badges as well.
- Regular SU Sport club training sessions- All club training sessions have been cancelled.
- Using the STV/Founders hall facilities- The STV is now closed, following Government advice
- Sports club socials- all SU socials have been cancelled. The plug and tub is now closed. Please refrain from meeting up in large groups, and going to social spaces such as bars or nightclubs during this time.
- Trips- All non-essential travel should be cancelled. We are working with the trip leads on this, so please do not contact the office about this unless you are a lead.
- Committee elections- Elections for Exec and Club committee elections will be going on as usual. They will be opening today (18th) at 5pm!
- Varsity- Varsity 2020 has unfortunately been cancelled.