I look after all of the sports clubs and their committees including training, club development and finances. I oversee the SU’s recreational and social sport activities, events such as Snowball and Varsity, coaching qualifications for committees and volunteer recognition.
- Not found your sport yet? No worries! I will set up regular ‘speed dating’- style sports events where you can get involved in loads of different sports in 15 minute intervals!
- Committee members- I will ensure a better reward system for club members who are driving positive change in their club, in the form of monthly awards.
- Coaches- I will set up a mentorship scheme to train, qualify and reward volunteer coaches. This will result in a more sustainable year-to-year coaching structure for clubs that struggle to find coaching staff.
- I will work with the Postgraduate and Community Officers to ensure earlier targets are set for the inclusivity award. This will ensure proactive marketing to underrepresented groups at the beginning of each semester.
- Current facility allocations mean that a saturation is being reached for many BUCS teams. I will work to ensure our sports facilities are opened to the public later on Wednesdays to allow for more BUCS fixtures, and hence, more BUCS teams.
- By utilising the expertise of the Department of Health, we can educate everyone involved in SU sport on how to get more from their sporting lives! Whether pre-game warmups or post-workout nutrition, let’s ask the experts!
- Linking with schools around Bath - I will work with clubs to help them form relationships with local schools, coaching their students in return for their facility spaces.
- Earlier opening times - I will ensure the STV opens all facilities at their in-week opening time of 6am, to maximise the time over which they can be used.
- Buses - I will work with First to ensure the demands are met for 6am and 7am sessions.
The #BlueAndGold spirit
- Come and support- Each week, we will have a ‘Sport Showcase’, choosing one sport and running a huge event with music, freebies and media coverage to improve spectator engagement.
- Alumni Varsity - A weekend-long event, hosting our alumni for a massive showdown. Graduation shouldn't be the end of university life!