Hello and a HUGE Welcome to BUYS- Bath University Yoga Society!
Our aim is to make Yoga inclusive & accessible for EVERYONE at the University of Bath
Join BUYS and have access to our live-streamed classes including yoga and fitness classes for all levels (from Beginner to Advanced). Experience yoga, cardio workouts, strength training, regular socials, yoga retreats & an opportunity to connect with a one of a kind yoga community!
UNLIMITED ACCESS TO OUR FUN AND UNIQUE CLASSES
- Joining us your have unlimited access to our yoga classes by booking on our website. We offer 3 hrs of classes per week, all taught by our fantastic yoga teachers in a variety of styles including Vinyasa, Hatha and Pilates Fusions - to help you achieve your Wellness Goals!
- With Membership & Classes Passes, you’ll be able to come along to our weekly FREE CLASS. You’ll also be able to come along to our SOCIALS - park yoga, pizza parties, coffee catch-ups, paddle board yoga and much more.
- Yoga offers a way of meeting new people, reducing social isolation and offering structure to the day; all of which improve sense of community and belonging. Our class timetable has been adapted so that you can easily squeeze a yoga practice into your busy schedule; with early morning and evening classes.
A retreat during the year, offering the chance to explore the practice and philosophy of yoga & meditation. We will offer a considerable discount on retreats, although this will obviously have some additional charge.
- Yoga offers a way of releasing and letting go of physical tension that can be caused by mental stress (fight or flight response), which can in turn improve confidence, self-esteem and well-being. By becoming more physically active and connected to your body, you may in turn see improvements to your physical strength and mental and emotional focus.
- Unlike most sports, Yoga is not competitive. The goal is to maintain a relaxed exertion combined with enjoyment as each posture is explored. Practice varies from day to day, from easy and uplifting to challenging and difficult depending upon what the body presents at that particular day. Remaining non-competitive, non-judgmental, patient and calm, is the practice that sustains us in our daily life.
All held on BUYS MTs, Join Here:
Hopefully, we have sparked your interest and will soon be able to welcome you personally in our society. Our promise to you is the chance to learn about the practice of yoga at all levels of experience and a platform to meet like-minded people. Another substantial part of our society is social connectivity, so there will be many chances to get to know people through our socials. We look forward to meeting you this year!
- Like our Facebook page Bath Uni Yoga Society and follow us on Instagram @bathuniyoga to keep up to date with the society and its events
♦ Shannon Hall — Chair & Secretary ♦
♦ Elena-Catalina Geamanu — Well-Being & Social Officer ♦
♦ Sarah Brown — Social Media Officer ♦
♦ Holly Pearce — Treasurer ♦