Hello and a HUGE Welcome to University of Bath Yoga Club!
Our aim is to make Yoga inclusive & accessible for EVERYONE at the University of Bath
Join our club and have access to our in-person classes including yoga and classes for all levels (from Beginner to Advanced). Experience yoga, regular socials & an opportunity to connect with a one of a kind yoga community!
Once you have purchased your membership, you have free access to all of our classes every week!
All abilities welcome - the more the merrier!
Mats will be provided both at The Edge and Dartmouth but feel free to bring your own if you'd prefer! :)
The individual practice provides an opportunity for a chilled session where you can go at your own pace and move your body however feels best for you. Music will be played and you will get the chance to meet some of your fellow yogis! So, grab a mat, relax, and flow...
The taught class provides a more structured yoga session, with our lovely coaches Mirella and Robyn. Whether you are a total beginner or have been practicing yoga for years, the class is suitable for anyone interested in expereriencing the benefits of yoga in a warm and friendly environment.
WHY JOIN US?
UNLIMITED ACCESS TO OUR FUN AND UNIQUE CLASSES
- Joining us you have unlimited access to our yoga classes. We offer many classes per week, all taught by our fantastic yoga teachers in a variety of styles including Vinyasa, Hatha and Pilates Fusions - to help you achieve your wellness goals!
- With your MEMBERSHIP, you’ll be able to come along to as many of our CLASSES as you like every week - no minimum or maximum :). You’ll also be able to come along to our SOCIALS - park yoga, pizza parties, coffee catch-ups, paddle board yoga and much more!
- Yoga offers a way of meeting new people and offering structure to the day; all of which improve sense of community and belonging. Our class timetable has been adapted so that you can easily squeeze a yoga practice into your busy schedule; with early morning and evening classes.
- Yoga offers a way of releasing and letting go of physical tension that can be caused by mental stress (fight or flight response), which can in turn improve confidence, self-esteem and well-being. By becoming more physically active and connected to your body, you may in turn see improvements to your physical strength and mental and emotional focus.
- Unlike most sports, Yoga is not competitive. The goal is to maintain a relaxed exertion combined with enjoyment as each posture is explored. Practice varies from day to day, from easy and uplifting to challenging and difficult depending upon what the body presents at that particular day. Remaining non-competitive, non-judgmental, patient and calm, is the practice that sustains us in our daily life.
- Hopefully, we have sparked your interest and will soon be able to welcome you personally in our society. Our promise to you is the chance to learn about the practice of yoga at all levels of experience and a platform to meet like-minded people. Another substantial part of our society is social connectivity, so there will be many chances to get to know people through our socials. We look forward to meeting you this year!
- Follow us on Instagram @uobathyoga to keep up to date with the society and its events
♦ Mia Champion — Chair ♦
♦ Catherine Bowley — Secretary & Welfare Officer ♦
♦ Morgan Brown — Treasurer ♦
♦ Sasha Johnson — Social Media Secretary ♦
♦ Josi Ebeling — Social Secretary ♦
♦ Amy Hillier — Class Coordinator ♦