Hello and a HUGE Welcome to University of Bath Yoga Club!
Our aim is to make Yoga inclusive & accessible for EVERYONE at the University of Bath
Join our club and have access to our in-person classes including yoga and classes for all levels (from Beginner to Advanced). Experience yoga, regular socials & an opportunity to connect with our wonderful and welcoming yoga community!
Once you have purchased your membership, you have access to all of our timetabled classes
You will also have access to our exciting workshops for free, which will give you a personalised opportunity to learn more about yoga and try out some new skills and varieties with a expert teacher
All abilities and experiences welcome!
Mats will be provided both at The Edge and Dartmouth but feel free to bring your own if you'd prefer
WHY JOIN US?
UNLIMITED ACCESS TO OUR FUN AND UNIQUE CLASSES
- Joining us you have unlimited access to our yoga classes. We offer many classes per week, all taught by our fantastic yoga teachers in a variety of styles including Vinyasa, Hatha and Yin - to help you achieve your wellness goals!
VALUE FOR MONEY & SOCIALS
- With your MEMBERSHIP, you’ll be able to come along to as many of our CLASSES as you like every week - no minimum or maximum :). You’ll also be able to come along to our SOCIALS - park yoga, pizza parties, coffee catch-ups, paddle board yoga and much more!
CLASSES ADAPTED TO YOU & YOUR UNI LIFE
- Yoga offers a way of meeting new people and offering structure to the day; all of which improve sense of community and belonging. Our class timetable has been adapted so that you can easily squeeze a yoga practice into your busy schedule; with early morning and evening classes.
HEALTHIER STATE OF MIND
- Yoga offers a way of releasing and letting go of physical tension that can be caused by mental stress (fight or flight response), which can in turn improve confidence, self-esteem and well-being. By becoming more physically active and connected to your body, you may in turn see improvements to your physical strength and mental and emotional focus.
- Unlike most sports, Yoga is not competitive. The goal is to maintain a relaxed exertion combined with enjoyment as each posture is explored. Practice varies from day to day, from easy and uplifting to challenging and difficult depending upon what the body presents at that particular day. Remaining non-competitive, non-judgmental, patient and calm, is the practice that sustains us in our daily life.
BECOME A MEMBER!
Hopefully, we have sparked your interest and will soon be able to welcome you personally in our club. Our promise to you is the chance to learn about the practice of yoga at all levels of experience and a platform to meet like-minded people. Another substantial part of our club is social connectivity, so there will be many chances to get to know people through our socials.
We look forward to meeting you this year!
Follow us on Instagram @uobathyoga to keep up to date with lessons and events
MEET OUR COMMITTEE
♦ Katharine Ashley Easter — Chair ♦
♦ Adiella Norridge — Secretary & Welfare Officer ♦
♦ Jemima Hallett — Treasurer ♦
♦ Mia Revill — Social Media Secretary ♦
♦ Jasmine Dean — Social Secretary ♦
♦ Emily Archer — Class Coordinator ♦