What We Do
University of Bath Chemistry Society - Chem:Soc aims to help students from the Chemistry and other departments in the science faculty make the most of their time at University, both academically and socially. The core of our members are Chemistry undergraduates, however all students at Bath are welcome to join, be it due to an interest in the subject, or just so as not to miss out on some of the best departmental socials around, including the annual and very popular Chemistry Ball, amongst a wide range of different socials throughout the year.
Reasons to Join Us
With over 200 members we are one of the largest departmental societies on campus.
Obviously things have been a bit different this year due to COVID, but here's a sample of past events that might make a reappearance this year:
- Lab Coat Social – a great chance to meet all your new fellow chemists early on, you do not want to miss this one! We will be starting at the SU, then going to Revs, and ending the night at Moles.
- Chemistry Football - let's bring it home!
- Bath Science takes Bristol
- Annual Christmas meal at Revs!
- CHEMBALL 2022!
- Many other socials!
And what's more, Chem:Soc is a huge pool of fellow students to meet, who can also help with University life and modules!
From experience all committee members agree that the socials provided, and friends made, from Chem:Soc were a major factor in an enjoyable first year.
Please note: Meal Ticket includes Meal and the Evening.
Don’t miss out, sign up today!
If you like the sound of a 2021/22 Chem:Soc hoodie - make sure you fill in this short questionnaire!
Meet the Committee:
Follow us on Instagram and give our Facebook page a like to keep up-to-date with everything we do!
Any questions? Feel free to get in contact with any of the 2021/22 committee members, we'll be happy to help!
- Chair - Ella Chandler (erc47)
- Treasurer - John Traynor (jt2191)
- Secretary - Harvey Draper (hjd52)
- Social Sec - Alice Marjot (am3703) or Chloe Ingham (cli23)
- Welfare and Inclusivity Officer - Emma Jackman (ejj41)