Who We Are
CSSA-BATH is registered and affiliated with the Education Section, Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the UK. Established in 1990, and as a branch of CSSA-UK, the largest Chinese community in United Kingdom, CSSA-BATH is a non-political, non-religious and non-profit organization, which organizes, sponsors and supports various social and cultural activities among Chinese students, scholars and international students in Bath.
What We Do
We not only run exciting events, but also help new students settle down and make Bath their second home! The Chinese New Year Gala has been widely recognized as the most important and attractive event, alongside other activities of all kinds, there’s always something for you. Please note that both Chinese and non-Chinese are welcome to enjoy and celebrate the wonderful Chinese history, culture, food and much more! Join and find out more!
Reasons to Join Us
We run a range of events throughout the year including but not limited to:
- CSSAs Pre-Departure Briefings in China (with CSSA Welcome Brochures, join and get yours)
- Airport collection coach service for Chinese pre-sessional students and help them settle down
- Welcome Talk - Experience Sharing
- CSSA Orientation Day - various activities organized to introduce new students to aspects of life in Bath
- Day Tour
- PhD seminars
- Careers in China seminars
- Photo Tour
- The Voice of Southern Uni (a Singing competition in the Southwest UK organised by CSSAs)
- The Chinese New Year Gala