Tasters & Freshers' Tournament 2019-20 (all held in the Tub)
- Sunday 29th September 5pm - Freshers' Tournament
- Monday 30th September 6-8pm - Taster Session
- Wednesday 2nd October 4-8pm - Taster Session
Reasons to Join Us
- We have exclusive access to the pool tables on Monday & Sunday evenings!
- It's just £36 to join for the year; this is an INCREDIBLE price for over 200 hours of free cue sports!
- Extremely friendly atmosphere and a great place to relax and socialise! We also hold regular socials as a club, aiming to cater to all members.
- Internal league; battle it out to become the best!
- For those players looking to take it a step further we have dedicated team training on a Wednesday! This year trials will be held on Wednesday 9th October.
- Our women's team is thriving, becoming BUCS Champions in 2019!
- We compete in competitive pool tournaments throughout the year, including BUCS! In 2018-19, we ranked as the top university in the country for pool!
- We have casual and competitive snooker available at a local club in Bath!
What We Do
Every Monday evening between 6-8pm the club meets for its casual evening of 8-ball pool in the Plug bar! We welcome anyone and everyone to this session, no matter your experience. Our only requirement is that you enjoy yourself; don't be afraid to jump on in and challenge people to a game of pool! We operate a very casual setup and the atmosphere is great fun. If you'd like to know more see below on reasons to join us, or alternatively get in touch with one of the committee.
Throughout each semester we operate internal competitions in the Plug during our Sunday sessions (6-10pm) for all of our members of all abilities that want to develop their competitive edge. We also enter teams into the 8-ball pool BUCS championships in Great Yarmouth, along with all other University competitions in the South. We currently operate 3-4 Men's Teams and a Women's Team that compete regularly, and we're looking to field a 2nd Women's Team for the first time in 2019-20.
We have weekly snooker sessions (7-11pm on Tuesdays) at the Devonshire Arms, that are open to all members. The pub has two high quality snooker tables, and is located in Oldfield Park - around 20 minutes walk from both the City Centre and Moorland Road. This year we are hoping to grow further as a snooker club, with sessions in Bristol, and the South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester, as well as continuing to take teams to Snooker BUCS and other tournaments between Southern Universities.
9-ball pool is growing fast at our club, and is the first BUCS event of the year. We will have some training and taster sessions in Bristol early in the year, and are hoping to build on 2018-19, where we sent two teams to BUCS for the first time and four teams to the inaugural Southerns event.
Come & Meet Us
Come along on Monday evenings to the Plug Bar between 6-8pm. This session is open to anyone, casual and experienced players alike! Please speak to any of the committee during the evening for more information.
Team training is held on Wednesday on a invite-only basis. New team members will be selected based on their experience, enthusiasm and commitment. Our invites for team trials will go out during the first semester.
Committee contact details
For anything pertaining to the upkeep of our thesubath pages, please contact: