Why Should I Vote?
You certainly do not have to vote - voting at Bath is both a right and a privilege but not an obligation.
However, voting is your chance to influence so many things that affect your life here. This affects not only the Union's policies and services, but also the way in which you are represented to the University, the Government and other organisations.
You may be involved already in the Students' Union as an academic rep, a member of a sports club, a society or a volunteering group; nearly all extra-curricular activities at Bath are run by the Students' Union. Or you may think that the Students' Union has nothing to do with you. But it does. Your SU Officers, elected annually by students, influence every part of your life here at Bath even if you 'do' nothing. So, use your vote to choose the candidates you think will represent you best and ensure that they have the power of your mandate.
How Do I Vote?
You will always be able to vote via www.thesubath.com/elections so get yourself on a computer or mobile device with internet access.
- Log in to the website by using your username and password.
- Go to www.thesubath.com/elections and select the relevant election - this takes you to a page which lists all of the posts you can vote on.
- Using the links on the page you can:
- view the Candidate List (tells you who’s running and the issues they are running on)
- view the Post List – see what each position is about.
- When you are ready to vote, select "Vote Now" and then click “Start Voting”.
- You will then be shown a position and all the candidates, plus onother option - Re-Open Nominations (R.O.N.). Use this if you think that the candidates available are unsuitable and you think that nominations should be re-opened to allow more candidates to run.
- Click on the candidates in order of preference. R.O.N. can be selected in order of preference in the same way that you select a candidate.
- Once you are happy with your choice, click the “Cast Vote” button. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 until you have voted on all the positions. Please make sure to continue voting until you have voted in all applicable positions.