What's It All About?
Participating in activities at all levels involves a degree of risk. Participants as individuals, committees and the Students' Union as a whole have a responsibility to anticipate possible hazards and to do everything possible to reduce the likelihood and severity of any hazard. The information here endeavours to inform members of the requirements that the Students' Union has put in place and how members can fulfill those requirements and meet their duty of care to themselves and their colleagues.
We have created several resources to support with health and safety good practice and event management-please do get in touch with the relevant area in the SU if you need further help:
Food Safety Downloadable Forms and Guides
- SU Groups Covid-19 Risk Assessment- This provides guidance on general COVID-19 procedures to be followed by all SU Groups. Please take information from this and update your group's risk assessment with any applicable points so that your standard group activities are run safely. Once you've updated your standard risk assessment, please send that version over to the relevant SU area
- Event Planner - PLEASE GO TO THIS PAGE TO SEE WHEN A PLANNER WILL NEED COMPLETING. The planner will guide you through all the different aspects of your event, such as contracts, finances, venues and risk assessments. It will provide the SU with all the information they need to support you with your activity. The SU can only authorise your event if the planner is completed and then agreed by the relevant SU area.
- The Edge is the University's on-campus Arts venue and can be used for a variety of student led groups. Please visit the page for up to date booking procedures and guidelines
- Dartmouth Avenue is the University's off campus space right in the heart of Oldfield Park. The space is supported by the SU and can be used for a variety of student led activity. Please visit the page for up to date booking procedures and guidelines
- STV re-opening guidelines
Downloadable Forms and Guides
Policies and Procedures