What We Do
The University of Bath Karate Club (UBKC) has been established at Bath for over 20 years. The club is a dynamic and successful club with a great social atmosphere. We are open to everyone, regardless of fitness, experience or gender.
Are you new to Karate?
The club mainly teaches a style of Karate called Wado-Ryu Karate. The club offers regular training in teaching the following:
- Techniques - blocks, strikes, punches, kicks etc.
- Fitness - our Wednesday session is specific to fitness training.
- Confidence - performing katas (forms) or kumite (fighting) at competitions in front of people.
- Self-defence - how to control an attacker and defend yourself in the street.
- Experienced coaches are on hand to help guide you and teach you in learning and applying various techniques.
Take a look at our training times to see which sessions focus on what!
Not ready to join, but interested in finding out more? We can keep you up to date via email if you want to sign up.
Are you returning to Karate?
If you are returning to karate, please feel free to come along to our sessions!
The club has coaches from a variety of different styles including: Wado-Ryu, Shotokan, Shito-Ryu and more.
As a diverse club, we ensure that training is flexible to allow you to learn new and different things from other members.
Check out our instagram page to see Karate successes and us in action!
Everyone is here to not only learn a martial art and keep fit, but to meet new people from a variety of different backgrounds and different karate styles. The club holds regular socials to allow members to relax and have fun outside of training. The social atmosphere at training is friendly and everyone (new and current) is welcome, we're a friendly lot!
If you have any questions about the club, drop us an email at email@example.com, or contact the committee (see our Committee page for how to get in touch).
Reasons to Join Us
- Learn a martial art, to get fit and to become more flexible in the process.
- Release some stress after a hard days work.
- Experienced and dedicated coaches including international level fighters and specialist fitness coaches.
- Represent Bath University in competitions across the UK.
- An active and friendly community.
- A great social atmosphere both at training and outside of training.
- Cheapest and most time accessible opportunity to learn a martial art.
- The safest nights out you will ever go on!
- Support readily available for you for whatever you want to achieve from becoming a part of the UBKC.
Come & Meet Us
Feel free to come along to any of our training sessions to come have a chat, watch the session and answer any of your questions:
Monday 5.00 pm - 6.45 pm STV Dojo (Kata Forms)
Wednesday 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm Founders Hall (Fitness/Basic self defense)
Friday 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm STV Dojo
Sunday 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm STV Dojo
For more information about each session, check out our training times page. If you can't catch us at training, just send one of the committee members a message (via email or Facebook) and we can arrange a meet up for a chat!