Welfare & Inclusivity
Support Services at the University
Report and Support
Diversity and Support Groups
Managing Your Mental Health
Counselling and Advice
We strive to ensure that we as a club and all of our activites are as welcoming and inclusive to every student wherever possible.
Our efforts have been recognised with the awarding of:
Gold Inclusivity Award from The SU - 2018/19
Gold Stamp of Approval from Enable - 2018/19
Club Of the Year - 2019/20
Enable is a fun student run group focused on disability, impairments and mental health. Who have described us as: "Accessible for a wide variety of disabled students and prepared for new members with disabilities."
What have we done so far?
- Sober Socials - whilst you never have to drink at any of our socials, these events (e.g. film viewings, baking nights, trampolining etc...) are especially relaxed!
- Postgrad sessions - at the start of both semesters we run tasters for climbing specifically for postgrads, and throughout the year we run walking trips at the weekends and in the evenings so that postgrads can attend.
- Disabled Climbing Sessions - we work with Bristol climbing walls to put on events which specifically cater for students with disabilities that might otherwise prevent them from trying climbing.
- Womens Climbing Session - it can sometimes be inimidating to try a new sport, so we run climbing sessions just for women throughout the year in conjuction with local climbing walls.
- Talk from GB Paraclimber - Club alumni Jesse Dufton is a blind GB paraclimber who is currently ranked 4th in the world for sport climbing! He has recently come in to speak to us about his experiences.
- Walks during exams - We run walks during revision week to alleviate some exam stress.
We always see a good number of postgrads at all of our events, socials and trips, so do come along!
We are one of the few sport clubs to have Postgraduate committee members, and in addition to their main roles they will represent you and liaise with the PGA. If you have any questions, you can contact Hugh at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Vicky at email@example.com, both of whom are second year PhD students.
Disability Declaration Form
If you would like to confidentially inform the Club's Welfare & Inclusivity Officer about a disability or impairment, and ways we can make our activities more accessible for you please complete this survey.
This is entirely at your discretion, and your response will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
If you have any questions, or would like to talk to someone in confidence, please contact our Welfare & Inclusivity Officer, Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org