We've had an amazing start to the Academic year and achieved so much. Read our top highlights and hear what's next!
The Officers have been hard at work all semester and we’re super proud of them for achieving so much already. Watch their video to find out all about it and what they hope to achieve next semester.
As well as everything mentioned by the officer team, there is so much more we’ve achieved this semester, here is a rundown of some of our highlights.
- Winning a Bath Life Award in the People Services category (Never going to stop talking about this one!)
- Ran FW20 for second years who missed out on Freshers’ last year.
- Refurbished and officially launched Dartmouth Avenue to make it accessible for students to relax, study and play (Ping Pong anyone?)
- Hit over 13.5K followers on Instagram and launched our new TikTok ( BTW, have you followed us yet?)
- Supported SU Groups in over 100 events.
- 5411 students have joined at least one sports club.
- Re-introduced in-person sport on a social, recreational, and competitive level (including Bath Active).
- Had many students taking advantage of our equipment hire (including bikes, wetsuits, tents and rackets) for recreational use.
- PAL Leaders (Peer Assisted Learning) led over 80 sessions this semester, with over 700 students attending a PAL session.
- Our Placement Peer Mentors ran 13 networking sessions to share their placement experiences, including sessions in Engineering and Design and the School of Management for the first time. (Over 220 students now have a peer mentor to support them with preparing for placement!)
- Relaunched Language PAL, with PAL Leaders running weekly language support sessions in 8 different languages taught on campus.
- Student trainers have developed, running a hugely successful upcycling workshop and preparing to launch a cooking club at the end of the semester.
- Ran a Diwali event for 150 students.
- Ran a series of successful PG specific events including Pub Quizzes and the Christmas party.
- Held 2 sell-out Snowballs and a Masquerade Ball.
- Launched SUmmit, a committee made up of a range of student leaders and representatives who vote to create Standpoints (SU stances on any given issue) and hold the SU Officers to account.
- Held our first Citizens assembly on sustainability.
- Relaunched Ideas to Action, bringing your ideas into real action. (Have you seen our new video with cute animated ducks?)
- 70 students signed up and ran dressed up as Santa for the V Team Santa Dash, raising £440.
- Held a Share and Repair Cafe in The SU where students can get their beloved items fixed and upcycled!
- Created and sent 100+ cards to vulnerable members of the community.
- Ran 3 Volunteering Fairs on campus.
- Supported 19 student groups with their ROTORK community challenge.
And if that list hasn't impressed you, we don't know what will! You should be very proud of youselves for helping us achieve all of this and we can't wait to see what we can acomplish together next semester.
Hi-Fives and Hugs,