The Peer Support Scheme works with students and staff across the University to run peer mentoring and PAL schemes within their departments. Here, you can find out more about the things you can do to start a new scheme in your department.
As a student, there are lots of things you can do to request a new peer support scheme in your department or programme. These will help you raise the need for a scheme within your department and the SU, meaning we know where new schemes are needed most.
- ...get in touch with us to tell us why you want a scheme set up in your department on PeerSupport@bath.ac.uk
- ...speak to your Academic Reps or raise your ideas through your SSLC
- ...speak to your Personal Tutor, Supervisor, Director of Studies or Lecturers
- ...speak to your fellow students and gather their thoughts
- ...speak to one of your elected officers
As a member of staff, the Peer Support Team are here to help you in setting up a new scheme within your department. Peer Support Schemes are run within your department and led by your students, meaning you and your students can make the schemes work for you.
We are here to ensure students receive the best possible support from their schemes and that your mentors and PAL Leaders are fully prepared and supported in their roles.
If you are interested in setting up a mentoring or PAL scheme within your department, or want to find out more about peer support, you can contact us on PeerSupport@bath.ac.uk or arrange a meeting with Sam, our Peer Support Coordinator.