Bath University Boat Club is one of the biggest clubs at Bath, and welcomes all students, both those who have never sat in a boat before, and those with high level experience.
We have Novice Men's & Women's squads, as well as Senior Men's & Women's squads, who are made up of both lightweights and heavyweights. We row at Minerva Bath Rowing Club on the River Avon, with land training sessions on campus at the university's Sports Training Village.
In recent years we have had some great successes including:
- 2 wins at Henley Women's Regatta.
- 2 crews making the Saturday and 2 making the Friday at Henley Royal Regatta in 2021.
- Medals at every level at BUCS Regatta for both men and women (Novice, Intermediate, Championship).
- Regular selection for international events such as Home International Regatta and European Universities Rowing Championships.
Check our 2020/21 Promo Video!!
Reasons to Join Us
- Meet lifelong friends, with a great team spirit and supportive ethos.
- A wide range of socials, including pubs, clubs, squad dinners, club dinners & BBQs!
- Get fit, with the opportunity to compete for the university, and beyond!
- Provision of training and support for a wide range of abilities and commitments.
We do realise that Rowing is an expensive sport and therefore have decided to say upfront what you could be required to pay.
As a novice, you will be expected to pay the SU membership (£30) as well as the rowing membership (£10) and the BUCS fee (£65) if you compete at BUCS competitions, alongside other potential competitions you may do (i.e. Horr/ Wehorr). You may also need to pay for accomodation and transport on top, depending on the location of BUCS.
As a senior, you will be expected to pay the SU membership, rowing membership, BUCS fee and the Senior fee (£100 which covers the cost of coaching and insurance). Furthermore, we do a standing order where £40 (or £20 for coxes) will be taken out as a direct debit each month to pay for various competitions. Please note, that if you do not do all the competitions you will get your money back at the end of the year! So you will only pay for the competitions that you enter! :)
Get in Touch
We will be holding events during and after Fresher's Week and we will be at the Fresher's Fayre, so come and say hi! Until then or if you are not able to make our events, feel free to contact us!
If you have never rowed before, please contact our Novice Captain Abi (email@example.com).
If you have rowed before, please contact our Senior Captains James (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Imy (email@example.com).
If you have coxing experience, please contact our Coxing Captain Niamh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Don't forget to follow our instagram page @crewbath_!