What We Do
The University of Bath Rowing Club (CrewBath) is one of the largest sports clubs at the university, and welcomes all students, both those who have never sat in a boat before, to those who have high levels of experience.
We would love you to join this unique, successful and growing club!
We have Women’s and Men’s Squads, incorporating both heavyweights and lightweights. Water sessions are located on the Avon, whilst land training occurs at the University Sports Training Village. For those wishing to compete at a high level, CrewBath athletes have had many successes, with achievements in 2016-2018 alone including:
- Henley Women’s Regatta win.
- EUSA selections (GB universities team).
- Home Countries selection and victory.
- Medals at every level of BUCS competition (Novice, Intermediate and Championship).
- Top 4 finish in Championship Women’s 8 at BUCS.
- Regular qualification and representation in the Temple Challenge Cup at Henley Royal Regatta.
Athletes also have the opportunity to travel to compete, train and socialise, with destinations including: Spain, Portugal, Wales, Henley, Nottingham, Newcastle, Bristol and Bath! Check out a video of our training camp from 2017-18 in sunny Banyoles.
Reasons to Join Us
- Meet lifelong friends, with a great team spirit and supportive ethos.
- Weekly socials, including those such as retro-runners, dinners and BBQ’s!
- Get incredibly fit, with the opportunity to compete for the university (and beyond…)!
- Provision of training and support for a wide range of abilities and commitments.
Get in Touch
For those who have never rowed before, we encourage you to attend our publicised taster events in Fresher’s Week!
Those with any prior rowing experience, please contact Zara Mulholland (Senior Women’s Captain) firstname.lastname@example.org, or James Martin (Senior Men’s Captain), email@example.com, with any questions or information about preseason.
For further information about rowing on the British Rowing World Class Start Programme, located in Bath, visit https://www.thesubath.com/rowing/world_class_start/.