Bath University Boat Club is one of the biggest clubs at Bath, and welcomes all students, both those who have never sat in a boat before, and those with high level experience.
We have Novice Men's & Women's squads, as well as Senior Men's & Women's squads, who are made up of both lightweights and heavyweights. We row at Minerva Bath Rowing Club on the River Avon, with land training sessions on campus at the university Sports Training Village.
In recent years we have had some great successes including:
- 2 wins at Henley Women's Regatta.
- Qualifying 2 men's and 1 women's crew at Henley Royal Regatta in 2019.
- Medals at every level at BUCS Regatta for both men and women (Novice, Intermediate, Championship).
- Regular selection for international events such as Home International Regatta and European Universities Rowing Championships.
Check our 2020/21 Promo Video!!
Reasons to Join Us
- Meet lifelong friends, with a great team spirit and supportive ethos.
- A wide range of socials, including pubs, clubs, squad dinners, club dinners & BBQs!
- Get fit, with the opportunity to compete for the university, and beyond!
- Provision of training and support for a wide range of abilities and commitments.
We do realise that Rowing is an expensive sport and therefore have decided to say upfront what you could be required to pay.
As a novice, you will be expected to pay the SU membership as well as the BUCS fee (£65) and other potential competitions you may do (i.e. Horr/ Wehorr). You may also need to pay for accomodation and transport on top, depending on the location of BUCS.
As a senior, you will be expected to pay the SU membership and the Senior fee (£100 which covers the cost of coaching and insurance). Furthermore, we do a standing order where £40 (or £20 for coxes) will be taken out as a direct debit each month to pay for various competitions. Please note, that if you do not do all the competitions you will get your money back at the end of the year! So you will only pay for the competitions that you enter! :)
Get in Touch
Due to the current situation we will be holding online events for Fresher's week. Feel free to contact us!
If you have never rowed before, please contact our Novice captain Rachel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have rowed before, please contact our senior captains Ben Smeeton (email@example.com) and Sophia Stiling (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Don't forget to follow our instagram page @crewbath_ !!!