What We Do
- try a new exciting sport?
- play a BUCS sport where almost everyone starts as a beginner?
- be part of a co-ed team which trains, improves and plays together?
- represent your university at weekend tournaments?
- meet a laid back group of friends who love to socialise?
Look no further. Try Ultimate!
What is Ultimate?
Ultimate Frisbee is one of the fastest-growing University sports, combining speed, stamina, skill and teamwork into a game that’s like no other! Ultimate Frisbee is now entering its seventh season as a BUCS sport, consisting of both an indoor and an outdoor season. And ANYONE can play - we have open, women's, mixed and even beginners teams!
Intrigued? Find out more about how to play and see our gallery.
What We Offer
The club trains several times a week - we play both indoors and outdoors all year round. See our Training times. We also have regular socials and there are multiple weekend tournaments that you can choose to attend. There is also the annual beach tour over Easter break or after summer exams. A staple of the Uni calendar for sports teams across Europe, the week is jam-packed with frisbee, sun and partying - all without leaving the beach!
Come And Meet Us
If you want to try out the University's most exciting sport, either competitively or socially, come to one of our taster sessions, or get a membership and come along to any of the training sessions we run.
If you're not yet convinced, come and meet us at one of the taster sessions during, or after, Freshers' Week! It's a mixed sport so why not come along with your new flatmates and have a go together! To get a grasp of the diversity of the sport, read some of the personal experiences our members had.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the club, post on the Facebook group, or speak to any of the members of committee. All of the details for these are below:
You can contact our committee at: email@example.com
- Chair - Max Kienzle
- Treasurer - Ben Brownstone
- General Committee Members - Matt Smith, Emi Mlynarczyk, Violet Shuai
- Coach - Seb Hart
- Men's Captain - Tom Oliver
- Women's Captain - Kate Routledge
- Mixed Captains - Marcell Kuba and Pieter Keenan
- Social Secretaries - Alex Bradshaw and Rhys Jones
Find out more about Freshers' Week