What We Do
SOCIETY OF THE YEAR 2016! ETHICAL AND POLITICAL SOCIETY OF THE YEAR 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2020!
We are the centre of debate and discussion on campus. With big public debates starring expert speakers to weekly meetings, international competitions, and great socials, there is something for everyone. Whether you’re a debating novice or an experienced speaker, you can get involved in BUDS from day one.
- British Parliamentary style debating
- Training sessions - it's a fun and friendly place to practice debating
- We send teams to competitions (IVs) at other universities, some overseas
- We run public debates and host guest speaker lectures on a range of issues
So contact us today and make sure to join up, for a year that you will never forget!
Reasons to Join Us
- Incredible opportunity to meet like minded people and express your views and opinions.
- Amazing chance to build up a superb set of skills for your CV, placement and life in general.
- Brilliant place to practise, improve and learn about public speaking and debating.
- FREE Priority entrance to guest lectures BUDS public debates.
- Free entry to UK-wide debating competitions.
- Gain knowledge on a wide range of topics.
- Improve your confidence, communication, teamwork, public speaking and critical thinking skills.
- Fantastic regular Socials throughout the year.
- Overseas competitions with subsidized travel and networking opportunities
- No experience necessary!
How to Join Us
If you have purchased the £3 Societies Area Membership you can join our society for free. Simply press "Add to Basket" and you will be automatically added to our Microsoft Teams Server and Email-List. (If you are on a mobile device, press "Open menu" to see the "Add to Basket" option).
Come and Meet Us
Weekly meetings are every Tuesday and Thursday @ 6:15pm.
New members are welcome at all times. Please come along to our weekly meeting and say hello. Remember, no experience is necessary!
You can also come along to our Public Debates (including guest speaker lectures and debates) and Socials.
Bath University Debating Society is proud to be supported by Accenture plc.