Reasons to join Canoe Club
- We have three pool sessions per week, divided between coaching skills and canoe polo.
- We offer coaching for all levels; from aqua-phobic beginners to hyper-aquatic Gurus.
- Almost every weekend we run a trip. We've got trips across all disciplines including whitewater, surf, freestyle, slalom and canoe polo at a range of prices so there is something for everyone.
- Socials! We host plenty of socials across the semesters but have two highlights; Cheese and Wine Social and Pudding Social! And of course, we're at Happy Hour every week, #4till8
So what are you waiting for... Become a member!!
- Check out our Facebook pages and group to keep updated with what we're up to Facebook and Instagram pages to get all the latest on trips, socials and sessions.
- Come to a taster session at the STV pool (they’re super fun and chilled we promise!) Before you can start paddling you'll need to do a quick swim test (100m and 5 mins treading water), but it’s quick and you’ll soon be in a boat.
- Buy the membership (just on the left!!). It's £35 for the year and covers all pool and river sessions, socials and allows you to come on our legendary trips at a subsidised price.
Upcoming 1st Semester Events
We run 3 pool sessions a week, one of which is dedicated to the amazing game of canoe polo! You can check out our page dedicated to that here. Also keep an eye on our Facebook group for details of any taster sessions, or even feel free to have a chat with us about it! We try to go to the plug for a post-paddle chat so please come along and get to know what we look like outside of boats!
On the 2nd Octoer we have our first river session of the year. This will be our first time going down to the river Avon and using the club's river kayaks for some beginner friendly games/activities. Afterwards, we celebrate the start of the year with a club BBQ and refreshments, to mingle and get to know eachother. This is a great opportunity to get to know the club members and an opportunity to get away from campus and do something in the city for a few hours. Keep an eye on our Facebook group for updates and info about the event.
Happy Hour every Friday 4-8pm!
Check our Facebook group for the first Happy Hour post of the year and to find out where we will be for the next four hours! It’s our most regular social event, with no need to drink, a guaranteed sofa, and you can even bring along friends who don’t want to join (although we might try to change their mind...)
The first trip away of the year is dedicated to surf kayaking-and is one of only two trips with a beach. It’s an awesome few days and one we highly recommend to any new freshers, as you’ll get to practice your kayaking in a slightly more challenging environment while getting to know other members. Ask us about it in pool sessions, happy hour or literally any other time you see us.
Use this Club Calendar to check up on all our events coming up, trips and socials alike and to be able to add them to your calendar!