Reasons to join Canoe Club
- We have three pool sessions per week, divided between coaching skills and canoe polo.
- We offer coaching for all levels; from aqua-phobic beginners to hyper-aquatic Gurus.
- Almost every weekend we run a trip. We've got trips across all disciplines including whitewater, surf, freestyle, slalom and canoe polo at a range of prices so there is something for everyone.
- Socials! We host plenty of socials across the semesters but have two highlights; Cheese and Wine Social and Pudding Social! And of course, we're at Happy Hour every week, #4till8
So what are you waiting for... Become a member!!
- Check out our Facebook pages and group to keep updated with what we're up to Facebook and Instagram pages to get all the latest on trips, socials and sessions.
- Come to a taster session at the STV pool (they’re super fun and chilled we promise!) Before you can start paddling you'll need to do a quick swim test (100m and 5 mins treading water), but it’s quick and you’ll soon be in a boat.
- Buy the membership (just on the left!!). It's £36 for the year and covers all pool and river sessions, socials and allows you to come on our legendary trips at a subsidised price.
Upcoming 1st Semester Events
We run 3 pool sessions a week, one of which is dedicated to the amazing game of canoe polo! You can check out our page dedicated to that here. Also keep an eye on our Facebook group for details of any taster sessions, or even feel free to have a chat with us about it! We try to go to the plug for a post-paddle chat so please come along and get to know what we look like outside of boats!
Happy Hour every Friday 4-8pm!
Check our Facebook group for the first Happy Hour post of the year and to find out where we will be for the next four hours! It’s our most regular social event, with no need to drink, a guaranteed sofa, and you can even bring along friends who don’t want to join (although we might try to change their mind...)
This is our first polo tournament of the year and includes a freshers league, focussed on complete beginners to the sport who may not even know the rules.
What's better than a whitewater kayaking trip? A whitewater kayaking trip with a big party in the middle. This is a party weekend with some intermediate/improver whitewater thrown in for good measure.
Beginners White Water
Like the idea of taking on whitewater rapids but can barely keep the right way up? Well this is the trip for you! A trip to the Dart to introduce the concepts of whitewater kayaking, focused on people who have never had any whitewater experience before. Some of our bigger trips in the year involve whitewater so not a trip to miss!
South West Uni Canoe Polo League
This is our regional league for canoe polo. It contains different brackets, so it's suitable for all skill levels, novice to expert. We'll be having sets of games with other universities on pretty much every weekend we have free throughout the year so look no further than this to scratch your competitive itch.
Use this Club Calendar to check up on all our events coming up, trips and socials alike and to be able to add them to your calendar!