Reasons to join Canoe Club
We are the legend.. that is the myth... that is the soon to be Netflix remake that is... Canoe Club
- We have three pool sessions per week, divided between coaching skills and canoe polo.
- We offer coaching for all levels; from aqua-phobic beginners to hyper-aqautic Gurus.
- Almost every weekend we are running a trip. We've got trips across all disciplines including whitewater, surf, freestyle, slalom and canoe polo at a range of prices so there is something for everyone.
- Socials! We host plenty of socials across the semesters but have two highlights; Cheese and Wine Social and Pudding Social!
BUCC 2016/17 Highlights
Check out our facebook pages and group to keep updated with what we're up to Facebook, Instagram and Blog pages to get all the latest on trips, socials and sessions.
Becoming a Member
- If you want to try it out first, come along to one of our tasters. We run the university swim test as part of this which is compulsory if you want to take part in any watersports - so you'll be covered for surf and sailing too! The test is simply a 100m swim followed by treading water for five minutes.
- Once you've realised its an amazing sport, get your membership here! At £30 its a bargain for the opportunity to come to three pool sessions a week, more trips than any other club and some epic socials!
Pudding Social: Sat 24th Feb
SW Polo Fixture: Sun 25th Feb
NSR: Fri 2nd March - Sun 4th March
Cardiff Polo Tournament: Fri 9th March - Sun 11th March
Trip to Airhop!: TBC
BUCS Polo: TBC
Paddle and Pub/BBQ: TBC
Trip to Cardiff International White Water Centre: TBC
Woolacombe: Fri 2nd May - Sun 4th May