University of Bath Taekwondo is a club that is open to all students at the University of Bath. We operate an open and inclusive training style for people of all standards and martial arts backgrounds.
Our links to wider taekwondo associations:
- Through our WT instructor Mr Laurence Dale, we are linked to Bath SKY Taekwondo, a local club that is highly respected and has been operating from the Sports Training Village (STV) for many years.
- Through our ITF instructor, Master Rob Tettmar, we are linked to PUMA (Professional Unification of Martial Arts), a UK wide ITF taekwon-do organisation.
There are opportunities to train with both of these clubs outside of the sessions run by the university club.
Our club trains in two styles of TaeKwon-Do; Traditional (ITF) style Olympic (WT) style. If you're interested in learning about the martial art, try out the Traditional style. Whereas, if you're looking to get into the sportive aspect, the Olympic style might be for you. Whichever style you choose, we offer sessions on:
- Sparring, fitness and kicking
- Patterns and technical training
- Other aspects of the martial art including self defence, special technique and power breaking
There is also the opportunity, whichever style you look to take up, to partake in any of a variety of competitions that take place throughout the year either in patterns or sparring.