What We Do
Welcome to DanceSoc, the University of Bath's dance society!
We are a large, diverse society offering participation in styles of dance including Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Tap and Hip-Hop. Here you can keep up to date with our upcoming events and exciting news.
Whether you are advanced, intermediate or a beginner, DanceSoc is guaranteed to give you a fun, dynamic and social experience during your time at university.
Examples of DanceSoc activities which YOU can take part in:
- Weekly classes for a range of abilities, in a variety of styles, including a regular fitness and technique classes.
- Two annual shows which anyone can participate or choreograph in.
- Competition teams for both intermediate and advanced categories.
- Attendance at 3 national competitions each year!
- Regular socials for all members.
DanceSoc is a brilliant, inclusive society, where students can enjoy dancing with friends whilst improving choreography and technical skills.
Make sure to check out our Instagram account and Facebook page!
Reasons to Join Us
- Maintain or develop a passion for dance and spend time with people who love dance as much as you do!
- Make new friends across different subjects and years and take part in multiple fun socials!
- Develop your dance skills or take classes just to enjoy a break from university work.
- A chance to compete in inter-univesity dance competitions all throughout England!
- Our two annual dance shows! (in which YOU can choreograph and dance in as much as you'd like!)
Classes are held every week in the Edge Dance Studio.
Thursday classes will vary in style week by week. To volunteer to teach a class, please contact our class and workshops officer Katie (firstname.lastname@example.org). To attend classes you must sign up to each class before hand here on the SU website. To sign up you have to be a DanceSoc member for insurance purposes. Sign ups will open the weekend before the class. Classes are £1 each, or class passes can also be bought to make them more cost effective for regulars: 5 classes for £4, or 10 classes for £7.
The class timetable for semester 1 is as follows:
The Stable; https://stablepizza.com/locations/the-stable-bath/