What We Do
Welcome to DanceSoc, the University of Bath's dance society!
We are a large, diverse society offering participation in styles of dance including Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, lyrical, Tap and Hip-Hop. Here you can keep up to date with our upcoming events and exciting news.
Whether you are advanced, intermediate or a beginner, DanceSoc is guaranteed to give you a fun, dynamic and social experience during your time at university.
Examples of DanceSoc activities which YOU can take part in:
- Weekly classes for a range of abilities, in a variety of styles.
- Two annual shows which anyone can participate or choreograph in.
- Competition teams for both intermediate and advanced categories.
- Attendance at 3 national competitions each year!
- Regular socials for all members.
DanceSoc is a brilliant, inclusive society, where students can enjoy dancing with friends whilst improving choreography and technical skills.
Make sure to check out our Instagram account and Facebook page!
New this year, we have created a Tiktok! Search bathdancesoc to get to know your committee a little bit more!!
Reasons to Join Us
- Maintain or develop a passion for dance and spend time with people who love dance as much as you do!
- Make new friends across different subjects and years and take part in multiple fun socials!
- Develop your dance skills or take classes just to enjoy a break from university work.
- A chance to compete in inter-university dance competitions all throughout England!
- Our two annual dance shows! (in which YOU can choreograph and dance in as much as you'd like!)
Classes are held every week in the Edge Dance Studio (3rd floor).
Up-to-date timetables for classes, will be posted on here and the Instagram- so don't forget to keep checking so you don't miss out!!
During Freshers week, we have a variety of taster sessions (ALL of which are completely FREE) for you to see what Dancesoc has to offer! Competition and class choreographers will be taking these tasters so you can get to know them a little more and if you then want to try out for our Competition Squads!!
Monday 26th September
18:00 - 18:45 Lyrical/ Contemporary
20:30 - 21:15 Stretching & Conditioning
Tuesday 27th September
14:00 - 14:45 Contemporary
14:45 - 15:30 Heels Class
15:30 - 16:15 Jazz
16:15 - 17:00 Tap
Thursday 29th September
19:00 - 19:45 Ballet
19:45 - 20:30 Jazz
20:30 - 21:15 Hiphop
21:15 - 22:00 Commercial Street
All these classes are in the Dance Studio, situated on the 3rd floor in the Edge Theatre (opposite the Management Building). We hope you like this little snippet into what classes we offer and we CANNOT WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL!!!!!!
Auditions for Competition teams will commence the week beginning 10th September. A form will be posted on our social media and on here, which you will need to fill in to secure you spot at auditions!! The form and timetable will be posted in the run up to freshers - so don't forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook (link above) to never miss out on any updates!!
Millie Bailey - Chair
Lily Sercombe - Secretary
Chloe Chan - Treasurer
Amy Bennet - Social Secretary
Sophie Rouse - IT & Publicity Officer
Isabel Murray - Welfare & Inclusivity officer
Ellie Copeland - Costumes & Kit Officer
Abi Russell - Competition Co-ordinator
Ella Pimperton - Show Co-ordinatior
Freya Rohimun - Class Co-ordinator