Candidate for the position of Activities Officer
I am confident to say I am ready to step up to become your next Activities Officer.
- I was your Activities Administrator last semester, getting first hand experience in the office regarding the running of societies and helping to organise events such as Masquerade Ball
- As your Environmental Rep, I created a proposal to install a Reverse Vending Machine on our campus. The proposal was taken up and eventually accepted.,/li>
These are just some of the achievements and involvements I have had in this SU. I would love to work with you next year to develop and improve SU Activities.
- Improve communication between the Activities Office and you via weekly drop-in hours, and by establishing clear timelines for procedures , support , and emails.
- Encourage and incentivise inter-group events, empowering students outside of committees to lead projects and events, and showcasing this at the Activities Awards.
- Improve the relationship between the SU, its Groups and the Edge by introducing regular meetings with the SU , and relevant groups to be updated on changes.
- Increase collaboration with inter-university sustainability networks to facilitate exchange of and projects on how we can make our SU more sustainable.
This is your SU! Here’s how I’ll get you involved:
One of your concerns is that getting involved with Activities can be tedious, difficult and stressful. This is why my main focus will be to ensure that being part of a group, or running it, is engaging, fun, and rewarding.
I’ll work over summer to create short, fun video guides on all things SU, so that you will find it easy to get involved, rather than overwhelmed!
Improve communication between the Activities Office and you via weekly drop-in hours, and by establishing clear timelines for procedures, support, and emails.
What I’ll do for our Societies:
It was great to see that my proposal to install a Reverse Vending Machine was taken up and accepted. I want to continue this work as your Activities Officer by:
I’ll help you develop your skills