I’m Lucy, your current Education Officer and this year I’ve worked hard to secure wins for you.
- Reduced library fines.
- A freeze in Undergraduate student numbers.
- More Panopto recordings, online submissions and anonymous marking than ever before.
- Enhanced exam feedback for all students from 2016/17.
- Improvements to Online Unit Evaluations.
I’ve always been really involved in the SU and believe my enthusiasm, experience and expertise put me in a great position to be your President.
I’m not afraid of a challenge and I’ll provide a strong, knowledgeable voice to ensure you have the best experience possible!
- The SU needs a communications strategy and to be better at telling you about the incredible work it is doing.
- Never hear from the VC? I’ll push for more communication from University senior management and ensure your views are heard.
- Think we’re too corporate? Me too! Let’s shake things up and develop our branding.
TACKLING SPACE ISSUES
- This is a real problem. I’ll continue to lobby the University for increased investment and provision so you can succeed in the classroom, in the Edge or on the sports field.
BOOSTING THE BUSES
- I’ll push for buses to be on time, an increased U10 service and live time boards for Wessex.
SUPPORTED STUDENT LEADERS
- The SU would not run without them and they should feel more valued! I believe their training, support and recognition can be significantly improved.
- Our execs are key SU decision-makers. I’ll push for better reporting mechanisms so you know who they are and what they do.
BATH GOES NATIONAL
- I’ll ensure we’re leading the way in terms of representation. Submitting great policies, electing engaged reps and playing our part in national campaigns.
POWER TO THE POSTGRADUATES
- With the new Postgraduate Officer, I’ll develop current postgraduate provision and representation so that the SU is relevant for all students.
EVENTS: WHAT? WHEN? WHERE?
- With over 150 student groups, we need an effective and mobile-compatible events calendar, so you can easily see what’s happening when!
NEED A FREE ROOM?
- I’ll lobby for a system so you can instantly see where’s free.
REDUCING PRINTING COSTS
- I’ll investigate cost reductions, through sponsored printing and free credits.
- Having to print two dissertations? Let’s make printing costs fairer across departments.
BETTER MEDIA SUPPORT
- Media at Bath is fantastic. But our media groups need increased recognition of the services they offer and enhanced support to help more student groups.
MAKING CAMPUS ACCESSIBLE FOR ALL
- Some areas remain too difficult to access. Lifts taken out of action without warning is not good enough. Something needs to change and I’m prepared to fight!
UNITING TOWN & GOWN
- I want us to be at the heart of the local community, showcasing what we do, looking for innovative ways to collaborate and creating stronger connections!
- I’ll ensure the Manvers Street development is working effectively and meets students’ needs within the city.
Follow the campaign:
Lucy To Lead – Vote Lucy For President