Make YOUR Vote Count!
Hi, I’m Meenakshi and I want to be your first Postgraduate Officer!
I am studying MSc International Management and I am a keen and an enthusiastic individual who wants to make a change within the university. I am very ambitious by nature, especially when it comes to developing my skills and achievements in order to deliver myself professionally.
Throughout my very limited time at the university I have had the opportunity to become the academic representative for my course and understand first hand the kind of problems postgraduates face and communicate those problems to the management.
As your first Postgraduate Officer, I would work on:
- My first priority would be to make sure Postgraduates are involved in networking events and strongly encourage interaction by organizing more PGA social events for PGT’s and PGR’s
- Increase the number of lectures recorded
SU top 10
- Be a part of the SU and working towards SU’s top ten issues to ensure that postgraduates have all the support they need throughout their year within the university.
- Raise awareness about the expectation of the marking system to be anonymous.
- Raise awareness about the importance of “good” feedback and liaison with the management to work up a system to make this possible.
- It can be increasingly difficult to find a place to study on campus, as part of my job would be to develop flexible working space for YOU.
Lastly - Close Feedback Loop
It is important for you to know what I will be working on and I will keep you constantly updated on what I’m doing, how I’m doing it and most importantly, why it is essential for me to do it. I understand that wanting change is not enough to bring it, we need to be the change we want to see and I know I can be that change!
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me through facebook or email email@example.com if you have any questions
Vote Meenakshi for Postgraduate Officer.